Songs I Like

yeah it was visceral, together with the his visual

For the most part Nashville is currently producing some of the worst music in the history of humanity, but there are a few exceptions..

@cory
Another cover vs original. Cover by Metallica, which i heard first. Good version, i love Metallica. Started listening to motorhead because of Metallica, and they rule almost even more, but the song in question is no doubt better by lemmy. Badass cut either way tho, and I'm so happy i was able to see motorhead live, no shit 5 feet from the stage. :rockon:

I'll check it, Rico.

Whoah, that Luke Combs was awesome, never heard a him, hella tune, made me think of my pops. Is your Pop still with us?

Am I the only member who listens to classical music?
When I got home from the hospital, totally doped up on morphine, the mail order bride had drug an old antique bed, she found in Canton Graubünden in her youth, downstairs for me to sleep in ( She swears never to let me on the stairs again at night)
So I set the computer to play Mozart's piano concerto#21 over and over and fell asleep to that ( Rather to ½ of that, one ear being out of commission)

Same here. Its not something I go to put on but sometimes I encounter it and it sounds good. Used to listen to it more back when I plowed snow, it seemed to be a good fit for that

I listen to a lot of classical, and give a bit of money to a local classical station, but I'm not very knowledgeable about it. I *do not* like opera, and pipe organ is an offensive assault on my ears, but otherwise, I like most of it.

I love a few of Mozart's operas, I like stuff like Bizet's Carmen, not much else in that category.

Since the pipe organ is used in churches here, I hate that.

Yea, pipe organ is a church instrument here also. That may be where a lot of my dislike comes from. It's also just a bombastic, plodding instrument. It's a marvel of engineering considering it's time period, but so what. Chainsaws are marvelous also, but I don't want to fire one up and bask in its sonorous outburst :^D

" Bask in it's sonorous outburst"
That just made my day, thanks.

When I lived in Israel as a youngster, I roomed with a swiss guy.
The local classical radio station would play a piece, then tell what it was afterwards.
We got into a who knows most classical pieces competition.
That really sharpened me up.
We used to go to a lot of great concerts, too.
Israel is really fine for listening to classical stuff.

If you'd like to some classical and other stuff and have fun doing it. check these 4 Polish guys out:

I like jazz of all kinds, from the 20s to present. Smooth jazz is kinda meh, but I like some of the proto smooth from the 70s, especially with a Fender Rhodes.

I just did an internet search for versions of Mozart's piano concerti 21, the andante, known as the "Elvira Madigan", because it was used in the movie.

This is the best version I've EVER come across:

Back