Rope Runner Pro

Refresh my memory, what sort of swivel do you use

Nice how it is tied into your bridge thus eliminating a biner

Cory and Gary, I suggest you give a rundown of what you're seeing, questioning, and aiming for as a learning milestone.

That's a lot of srt going on there Gary!!!! Surprisingly, with srt, a swivel isn't as important at all, because there's only one line. I use one, but clip on the non swivel part for my srt system, and then a secondary system clips into the swivel if needed.

Also, they (treestuff) probably should have worked this weekend.... it would have been nice to get this today :/:

I find climbing setups confusing to visually parse from pictures. Some of it looks insanely complicated, but I guess it's easier if you can see it in person.

Just use your legs via your foot ascender every chance you can and you will take to it like a duck to water. Don't try to muscle stuff with your arms. With ddrt i think people (me) tend to use their arms way more, with srt just remember to climb the tree and it will come naturally. Try an easy redirect, just feeding your line through an easier crotch, and enjoy better line angles.

I don't want to hijack this thread any more, but here's a video of a rope walker setup that uses a chest box (homemade). Basically ignore the life support ascender and think of an extended bridge hooked to what will very soon be a rrp. Skip to 330, then imagine he got drunk and then hit with a tranquilizer dart, then you have an accurate picture of me climbing 🤣 Since I'm top heavy, the chest box does the work of holding me up, and i can leave my arms at my side if i wanted. I need to try to do a video someday....

And here's one with randy nhlocal? using one same brand as mine, i just have the double roller one. He uses an extension rather than an adjustable bridge, the adjustable bridge is far better imo.

I use a dmm swivel below my HH...many times when twisting and turning during my journey through a tree it has been obvious how useful it is. HH is backward...quick twist and its back to how it would be.
My swivels are attached directly to my bridges.
The dmm ones you can customize, and they 'flex' allowing for more movement in more planes

then imagine he got drunk and then hit with a tranquilizer dart, then you have an accurate picture of me climbing

Dude you are hysterical smh :headbang:

Lxsk- the George Carlin thing was awesome. I can just hear him saying it

Just checked my email, guess it will be here Thursday. Coming from nc if that helps figure out shipping times for people. I haven't been this anxious to get something in a long time!

Just checked my email, guess it will be here Thursday. Coming from nc if that helps figure out shipping times for people. I haven't been this anxious to get something in a long time!
Mine shows Friday delivery fron NC.

John. There is no sense in endangering yourself to protect Kyle. Send it here, I have a full hazmat suit and access to a super fund land fill. Let's just be safe fellas, and I'm happy to help where I can:/:;)

Back