People can be out of sorts....

Great post, Merle.

Re your tree work and work flexibility, do you work alone such that you can work when you want?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Myself and a ground person for the last 15 years. By myself before that. Always have a ground person that likes working to earn money but still loves time off, so it works out.

LOL! I feel the same way.

People really need to understand, that the time you spend making money, is time, hours of your life, you will never get back. Hours given generally in your physical prime.

It only takes modest effort to survive, it takes considerable more to live life on your own terms.

Different people have different motivations, for many, the process of working, overcoming adversity to make money is as rewarding as whatever you think you should be doing.

Life is both hard and short, but also has the potential for great joy and fulfillment. I was not suggesting that people live like me, just that they give thought to what and why they are doing what they do.

How I live and the decisions that I make in that effort, are mine alone.

I went out to the store today, stopped by the post office on the way. There is a lady wearing a mask leaning against the railing. As I slow up a bit I asked her if she was waiting for someone inside. She turns away in some form of disgust and says, "I'm not going in there, there's someone in there not wearing a mask and I hope you both get sick." I chuckled to myself and said, "Okay thanks".

I drove away a few minutes later and called my wife laughing. I'm not that quick in conversation but if that woman would have asked me to or given any indication that she would have valued me staying back until the other customer came out and she got in and out, I would have. If she would have asked me if I had a mask and would put it on, I would have.

People are definitely out of sorts.

(Handled in my area - come Fri. midnight in Sonoma County you have to wear a face covering when around people.)

Cashier in local grocery store a few weeks ago told me a customer called her a retard.........because the store had run out of TP!

“ I like living rural more than ever, these days.”

Best part of my day is getting home seeing the gate closing in the rear view mirror keeping the stress from invading my perimeter. Rural to start with and 100 x more so at home. I imagine the rest of the world is happier at that exact moment also. :D

That back hoe reappeared couple days ago. They found it. SO the head cheese said. It was near the usual suspects house, but hidden on a road, up the road from him.
The crew started to park it down on the corner again. I hollard at them. "Hey, wanna park that up on the side of my driveway where I can see it?", not to mention the dogs going off and a better shot window.
They did.
The usual suspect would most definitely remove it again otherwise. And knowing who it probably was, dude would go on a bender after being talked to and drive it off a cliff into a canyon just cause you pissed his drunk crank ass off accusing/catching him.

And some folks are out of sorts in an endearing, chew you a new one sort of way!!

Earlier today I duly put my mask on and went five blocks away (nope, I am not rural living) to get a can of gas, as the grass is growing. I waved at Alice, the 89 year old neighbor out walking with her rollerator as I drove past. Waved on the way back, too.

About ten minutes later she arrives at our driveway, and I head out to say hello. She chews me out for three minutes:

Me: "Hi Alice, out for a walk on this nice day?"
Alice: "Most neighbors would stop and talk, and I could have handed you this damn envelope way back there instead of having to walk all the way the hell down here!"
Me: "Oh, sorry, I thought I was just keeping that safe distance"
Alice: Grrrrr ...on ...and. ...on ...and ...on

She was bringing a thank-you note down from when we made a grocery run for her weeks ago...

Ha, ha. That's classic. People can't yell at nature or come out and say I'm scared for the future. But giving you a talking to over this seems logical today.

That back hoe reappeared couple days ago. They found it. SO the head cheese said. It was near the usual suspects house, but hidden on a road, up the road from him.
The crew started to park it down on the corner again. I hollard at them. "Hey, wanna park that up on the side of my driveway where I can see it?", not to mention the dogs going off and a better shot window.
They did.
The usual suspect would most definitely remove it again otherwise. And knowing who it probably was, dude would go on a bender after being talked to and drive it off a cliff into a canyon just cause you pissed his drunk crank ass off accusing/catching him.

You know you could be much more watchful if you put in a few hours operating that on your place and got used to it's idiosyncrasies.

Merle, you would have loved Monday. My job got canceled and i had been meaning to remove a bunch of Ceanothus cuneatus (buck brush) that had grown back under our service line and some primaries. Bad fire hazard.
The guys that were working down on the phones took a lunch break and watched me dance the mini around on a slope, uprooting the plants, stacking and compacting. Then start the burning. Then pluck more plants and add them to tge burn staggering between the new removed to the staged brush. Opened up a huge area in short order, had it all burned and cleaned up.
They were quite suprised how well that little machine moved and performed. Got some thumbs up for the show :lol:

Back