Regarding Creation of an Arborist License in Oregon

Evan Sussman

TreeHouser
Hi all,

This is really exciting to write about.

I wanted to share info about a deadline coming up that affects Oregon arborists, and has some impact on the greater arborist community as I expect that in this case OR is on the leading edge of more widespread recognition of our profession. I encourage you to participate in this process.

The following is an email that went out to the PNW ISA's OR based members as well as any Tree Service's who have requested to be on the PNW ISA mailing list.

If you didn't get the email and would like to get similar emails in the future, please reach out to PNW ISA.

Date: Tuesday, October 6, 2020 at 3:52 PM
Subject: Update on LCB Notice of Proposed Rulemaking (Creation of an Arborist License)
Good afternoon, everyone. I am reaching out to provide you with an update regarding the Oregon Landscape Contractors Board (LCB). In late August, Justin Keane and I had a virtual meeting with CCB and LCB board members and staff to discuss issues and barriers facing arborists and tree care companies. The LCB was receptive to our concerns and proposed the creation of a new license for certified arborists. The proposal has evolved into rulemaking and is now subject to public feedback and recommendations. Attached you will find the LCB Notice of Proposed Rulemaking. Justin and I have reviewed and discussed as we feel language and proposed rules need to be changed.
To aid in this effort, I have scheduled a virtual town hall meeting for next Tuesday, October 13th at 6 pm PDT. The meeting will occur online via GoToWebinar. Individuals can call-in, or view on a computer, smartphone, tablet, etc. The goal of this meeting is to review what is being proposed by the LCB and determine what changes need to be made. We want arborists and tree care companies to come together and form one unified voice so that we can make changes to improve the current licensing that is required to operate your business in Oregon.
ACTION ITEMS:
To attend the GoToWebinar meeting on Tuesday, October 13th at 6 pm PDT, please click on this link. - https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/regi.../9207592256090458381
Review the LCB Notice of Proposed Rulemaking here:
https://pnwisa-my.sharepoint.com/.../EVuhIgEl0ShCm019O57X...
It is important to provide feedback to the LCB no later than 5 pm PDT on Friday, October 23, 2020 at 5 pm PDT.
If you cannot attend, please email your recommendations directly to the LCB. Information can be found on the attached Notice of Proposed Rulemaking. Remember, be sure to provide your feedback no later than 5 pm on Friday, October 23, 2020.
Thank you
Cristina I. Bowerman, MNM, CAE
Executive Director
Pacific Northwest Chapter of the International Society of Arboriculture
10793 SW Canterbury Ln, Ste. 104, Tigard, OR 97224
Cell: (470) 241-8192 | Email: ed@pnwisa.org | Website: www.pnwisa.org

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Doing good friend, thanks. Save for smoke inhalation. You?
Pretty good overall. Life and work can be stressful. It's obviously been a different year for everyone on top of the normal stuff.

The smoke must have been brutal down there. We had it get pretty bad coming up from OR (I think) for a couple weeks, but thankfully it's been much better.

Back