Nothingness

woodworkingboy

TreeHouser
I'd like to check out living on a place like Mars, at least for awhile. It could rearrange your thinking about things, looking out into a vast world of nothingness everyday containing yourself. Could it make you crazy? I think I could pull out a lounge chair and handle it. So much of what we build up around ourselves is based on the needs for illusion. When it comes down to it, existence might really be nothing, basically. Man's evolved concepts could be limiting in trying to make something other than what it is out of it, and forcing our minds. It could be wise to somehow understand that. "From nothing I go to nothing". Some folks seem to find that a fearful notion, but it occurs that it could be highly interesting to have a grasp of it.

Attachments

• curiosity_nasa_mars_reuters.jpg
    curiosity_nasa_mars_reuters.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 11
Jay: I've a feeling that Buddhism is gonna let you down in the end. Give it a fair-go if you feel so inclined, but, of course, at the end of it, there is, well... nothing.

Now Jesus Christ, on the other hand... I know, I know.... There he goes again.... :roll:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I wasn't trying to think in a particularly Buddhist vein here, Jed. The photos of Mars I find fascinating, so unlike our world. Speaking of it, however, there have been a number of acclaimed Buddhists that would be the first to tell you that nothing can be gained from the studies. When a man with a lot of followers was asked if he was a great teacher, he said that he was no teacher, merely awake.

You nailed it Jay. Nothingness is where we're all really headed. I'm hesitant to join any faith as I'm guessing their "afterlife party's" which seem to be invite only must be getting pretty crowded by this point in the game.

Back