Not good...

I know what it is like, be safe Burnham and all your loved ones. ❤️

Burn, just know, I am waking up thinking about you, Mel and your friends. Actually, all of you out there. Please keep us posted.

Last edited:
Our thoughts are with all of you out there. Hope for the best.
One of the guys from TreeCareLA left to fight fires about a year ago. Can’t imagine the stress and physical exhaustion of those crews right now. My helmet is off to them and I hope they all survive this conflagration.

Burnham, not sure what you have for computer access.

Here is this mornings Modis/IR data.
Looks promising on the North/heel.
Let me know if you need other data compiled.

Or 9.11.20 am.JPG

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks, Wally.

I have my laptop and our friends have good internet service I am hooked to...so we're fine on that score at the moment.

As of this morning there is no significant change in evac. status. Smoke like you cannot believe. We are ready to go, we could pull out in under 10 minutes. The Jag is ensconced in our friend's shop...we had to move some things around to squeeze it in, and that building could burn as easily as any other, but at least it's not going to be sitting out with that fabric top ready to catch falling embers.

I wish I had another shot at packing a few more things to save for sure, but if wishes were horses beggars would ride. Hard to do a perfect job of it in the middle of the night with no power and a fire breathing down your neck.

Last edited:
Serious indeed. Still wishing you and friends the best outcome in all this.

Does this sort of thing have insurance coverage? Obviously losing a family home and plot would be heartbreaking, at least with a payout it would help with rebuilding life... or do the insurance co’s class the fires as an act of god?

Good luck old friend, my limey fingers he toes are crossed for ya.

Rich, to the best of my understanding, wildfire causing lose of house, outbuildings, and contents would be covered by our homeowners insurance...to the extent of that coverage limits. Vehicles lost or damaged would be covered under auto insurance, limited to the valuation of that vehicle.

Last edited:
I've been watching it from afar .I checked Ft Bragg California where Gerry B is and found nothing .I'm friends with Mrs B on face book and she hasn't said a thing Cahoon is in Chico Cal . and from what I gather isn't so far in danger .JJ I think is in Oregon .no word so far but he might still be in a hot shot crew .Roger B hasn't said anything yet . You can hunker down in a big blow but a fire you have to boogie,get the flock out of Dodge so to speak .

We're still holding position at our friends' place, ready to roll in very short order if the evac. zone goes to mandatory. Lot's of folks have evacuated from around here already. That may well be good for us if we do have to jump again...traffic out of the area was pretty heavy last night, but if we do boogie now it should be lighter.

No concrete info on our home, but all indications are it's still a bit outside any direct fire activity. We continue to hear of a few more folks we know who have not fared as well, unfortunately.

Last edited:
Good Morning, Burnham and M.

Latest I have gathered.

Fire activity looks to have reduced over night.
Forecast shows rising humidity levels and dew possibilities over the next few days. Low wind rates.
All positives in reducing fire spreed danger,

Modis/IR overnight data back up the current fire boundary map.

Hoping for another slow day in fire activity and the inversion to lift.

Or 9.12.20 am.JPG

2020_09_11-11.41.32.200-CDT.jpeg

B and Mel, you are in our thoughts day and night. We are worried about you and your home. Stay safe and please call us if there is anything we could possibly do to help. Please take care.

I've been watching it from afar .I checked Ft Bragg California where Gerry B is and found nothing .I'm friends with Mrs B on face book and she hasn't said a thing Cahoon is in Chico Cal . and from what I gather isn't so far in danger .JJ I think is in Oregon .no word so far but he might still be in a hot shot crew .Roger B hasn't said anything yet . You can hunker down in a big blow but a fire you have to boogie,get the flock out of Dodge so to speak .
We are fine, Al. Closest fire is 20 miles east as the crow flies. We are blanketed with heavy smoke and falling ash, and are watching the fires closely. We now realize our coastline is no longer out of the question for a fire, and that realization brings us a whole new set of anxiety. But we are fine.

Back