Cummins turbo not working

treesmith

Banned
Any Cummins experts on here? My 2015 Ram 3500 cranked fine this morning but has no power. Turbo isn’t kicking in. Don’t know if it’s vacuum or electric or what. 6.7 Cummins. Anyone have any experience with this?

I have a 5.9. Replaced the power steering pump. Had to remove the tube going to the turbo. I guess I didn't get the clamp tight enough putting it back on. Going up a big hill hauling gravel. Heard a loud pop and lost 50% power and it got louder. Pulled over and the tube had popped off. Put it back on right this time and it was fine. Can't believe how much difference the turbo made.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well...it’s fixed. Fuel filter needed changing. Threw a code that put the engine in fail safe mode. All I knew was it was running fine, then when climbing a hill two miles from the house it nearly wouldn’t make it. Changed filters, cleared the code and it’s ready to go again. When my ‘06 F-250 fuel filter(s) needed changing it would simply lose a little power. Not all of it!

Sweet it was an easy fix! Changed the fuel filters in my f550 yesterday and now the lift pump is almost silent, probably could have figured that out sooner...

Back