New to the group (Blair Glenn)

Blair Glenn

Treehouser
A bit about me. I have been doing tree work since 1973, (yeah,I'm getting older). I still climb but I am old school with a high respect for those of you who have mastered SRT.
I was Certified as an Arborist in 1989 (Number WC 654a) Western Chapter. Some of you may know me through my YouTube Channel, Arborist Blair Glenn.
We do about 90% of our work as pruning and about 10% removals. Truth be known, I make more money doing high end pruning and the big take downs are getting old. We still take one from time to time but I'm so busy doing tree pruning jobs that I'm starting to pass on the really ugly ones. We work in a highly affluent area that is so full of BILLIONARES, that the millionares are just about everyone else. Silicon Valley, California (actually San Jose, Los Gatos, Saratoga, Los Altos etc.) We have a Mediterarian climate so our choices of trees are in the hundreds of different species. That keeps it interesting. Because most of our clients work at Apple and Google and Facebook types of jobs, for the most part, they can't tell the difference between a flathead screwdriver and a Phillips head. So, we have clients who call us out at least once a year sometimes twice just to keep their property values high. A tear down sells for a million plus. Most of our jobs have swimming pools and a lot of our clients say "Go ahead"! I bid my jobs often by the make of cars they drive. All the best cars. (Actually not true, I'm fair to all but give good deals to those who need a good deal.) I hope you get a chance to view some of my videos and please let me know what you think.

Blair

Attachments

• Redwood sillouette.JPG
    Redwood sillouette.JPG
    150.1 KB · Views: 6
Great, another old tree guy...

Ha, just kidding. Welcome to the Tree House, Blair.

I am pretty sure you are the fellow I saw that built a bodacious timber support system for a tree that had fallen onto a house...to support it while you dismembered it. The cribbing was awesome. If that's you then hoorah! Glad to see you here.

And it it's not you.....welcome anyway.

Welcome! I wasn't previously familiar, so I pulled up a random video of yours; "Why Prune?". Good video!

Welcome Blair! I've seen quite a few of your vids. We emailed about a year ago about the little wooden step stools we were making at about the same time.

Hi Blair.
Welcome to this place.
Don't get turned off by the fact that some of us sometimes speak ( Write) hard words at each other. In most cases it is because we have known each other for a long time, and evenmet face to face.
I've met a buch of the West coasters, even though I hail from the opposite side of the World.

I just mention this, because for someone who doesn't know us, seeing me and Jim trying to rip each other a new asshole can be shocking, since you can't see that we are grinning like fools, while we do it.

Rain day, so I've been sitting in the office watching videos. I really like what you're showing. It's more than just the "exciting" stuff. I like the detail on the takedowns, and I particularly like the emphasis on tree health, with the forensics during the process.

Welcome. Another old timer here, not quite as old as some of the masters who frequent this place.

You can take Stig with a grain of salt, his bark is worse than his bite. In fact I'm not sure he even has a bite. He mostly enjoys puffing up his chest and acting like he's a big deal, but he's a nice guy so we all just go along with it and humor him. :lol:

Back