Need a climber?

Kaveman

Treehouser
Not sure where to put this, so here it is, i reckon those that matter will see it.

As of today, my universe fell apart.

My wife wants a divorce. It's amicable, if only because I'm not so low class, white trash, for anything else. I lover her with all my heart, and my religion has no divorce, so there's that.

Anybody need a climber? I'm a pine guy, but I can learn, anything, quickly.

I've got all my own gear, an 85 Ford F250, and a will to work.

I'll pull branches if that's what it takes.

This is Kaveman, tucking his tail. I need work, and I need the gas money to get there.

Never thought this would happen. I'm lost.

Well, shit. That sucks. Dunno what to say, but I hope things go well for you in the coming weeks/months :^(

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well, we're at the county courthouse filing the paperwork now. She's been planning this out for some time, I was just told about it yesterday. Can't say I didn't see it coming, at least to some extent. She's been cold and distant for quite a while now. I spent most of the last year in an alcohol soaked depression, kinda fell down hard, due to a number of things that were out of my control, and I let them get to me.

I've got a few applications in, reckon I'll be putting in some more. On the bright side, I won't have the extra cash to drown my liver in a river of rum.

Two days ago, I had the rest of my life planned, in a manner of speaking. Now tomorrow seems a long way off. I've lost my center of gravity. I've got to think in ways that I've intentionally put out of mind for years.

Hooray, independence?

Stomach is in knots, feel like I can't breathe.

We're playing house, for the sake of the children, til we figure out who's moving where. Right now, it looks like I'll be staying on the property, though it'll be entirely in her name. She's moving with the kids into town. Where and how we live is no small part of this. I told her years ago, that living off grid isn't a struggle for everyone, especially if you grew up in a big city. Rough roads that get horrible in inclimate weather, hauling every drop of water, shitting in an outhouse, waking up to or coming home to a cold house, waiting for the woodstove to make it livable the whole ball of wax. We were making it better, bit by bit, but it's a long uphill slog. And ours has been, and is a rocky one.

Ye Gods! This is hitting me like a sledgehammer.

Everything sure seemed to happen fast. I guess you'll have the animals there? It'll be good for you having a creature that depends on you. Help keep you in shape.

Yeah, you could say things escalated quickly. I'll have the dogs for sure, they're not civilized enough to move into town, not to mention our Rottweiler is an immediate "no" to most rentals. I'll also have the two cats and our chickens. Gonna be a challenge to keep the two of them in trim, when now they'll have to live in a kennel for hours every day.

Good luck. Hope shit works out for you.

Sometimes, things like this are sent to test us.
Two truths I've learned thus far, boiled down to raw essence.

The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you.

The Universe will never give you more than you can bare.

I'll survive, I've made commitments I intend to honor, even if my wife does not. I have a life to live, of only because I have two kids that need some kind of example. If only because life is better than the alternative.

It's dark right now, but dawn must break, however long that may be.

Back