Hey bros, need a recommendation

Doc

Handsome Polecat
Hey bros!

I need a recommendation so of course I came to the source. The old lady needs a lightweight chainsaw for her yard puttering. She can't swing anything heavy, so she was thinking something battery powered. Will see occasional use, nothing bigger around than a thigh.

Kind hurts seeing that pic of my brother but I'm glad yall still honor him.

Lightest will still be a gas saw, but then you have to pull it over, add fuel, deal with gremlins...

Several here like the makita mini, i love mine. Very small and lightweight, and literally starts with the push of a button. No fueling, adjusting or cleaning carbs, just swapping batteries and filling up the oil. It's not a ported racehorse but it has its place.

Good to see you, Doc. You are like a link to Butch to me...fond feelings for both Butch and you. Glad to see this thread. I just have gas saws but an electric will happen soon I think.

It ain't just for girls by any means!

I love it on light pruning, like palms etc etc.

The batteries at the rear make for a well balanced top handle trimsaw, IMO.

Jomo

Earplugs for a battery saw? Are you serious? Remember, being able to hear what's going on around you is a safety precaution as well.

so she was thinking something battery powered.

And right after the first post (2nd post) where she was "thinking" about electric (not fo sho), LXSKLLR suggested it might be heavier than gas...it's his fault for interjecting that a gas saw might be lighter; and maybe preferred since lightness was a consideration. A decision in process is how I read it. @lxskllr -- you just HAD to complicate things!

If it's just for small stuff quite a few of my gardening friends have gone for that tiny little Stihl handheld battery chainsaw, the one with 1/4 picco chain and like an 8" bar. They rave about them

I have a single battery Makita top handle, come stock with 3/8lp chain, it's bouncy with it,, it really needs 1/4 picco chain but you have to change the sprocket.

Back