Minimum Viable Chipper?

Mick, I forgot the sarcastic emoji.

CnDs are safe if used safely.

For some markets, for pro-use, they would suck.
In my market, it's hungry for everything except neglected fruit tree prunings.

Very basic, cheap to buy and own.

@pantheraba
Did you run your 1200 at full-speed all the time?
@Tree09 ?

I don't even run mine at full speed all the time I'm machine feeding.
1" limbs, I can run through at idle.

I am not sure...probably not. I don't run my current one at full tilt unless necessary. The 1200 was so loud I likely only ran it at rpm based on size of material,.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I was looking at the Bandit 65xp Jonny mentioned. Seems fairly trim. How does the size compare with other 6" chipper options?

I don't have a tach on it, but yeah i often have it at a good clip. Mines a diesel tho, so it is lower rpms, and doesn't use a bunch a fuel especially because it eats stuff faster than the little feed wheel things pull.

I was looking at the Bandit 65xp Jonny mentioned. Seems fairly trim. How does the size compare with other 6" chipper options?
Probably similar to other 6” disc chippers in regards to weight and dimensions.
Bigger chippers are way easier to back up. When pulling behind my F450 chip dump, I can’t see it back there. Little flags sticking off each side help a lot. I think I got the flags from a friend that does snow plowing, they’re driveway marking flags or something.

Weight is pretty sweet. 2200 lbs with the stock Kohler 25hp. Mine with the Kubota 32hp might be a bit more. My chip box is pretty big, and if full, I think most 12” chippers would put me over weight. Still might be, I should see if the scrap yard will let me weigh my full truck sometime, before the police do it for me.

Road cones work well too if they fit in the wheel well. You can also use a self tapping screw to shoot hose clamps on, then use a piece of 1" pvc pipe or similar to bolt on so you can see that.

Back