mini loaders

To expand on Butch's rather unhelpful answer :)...wheels damage surfaces less than tracks. Tracks provide better traction and thus can travel more steeply sloped ground than wheels.

My Boxer is wheeled. If I have to side hill it is not great. If I have to climb an incline in sand or soft material it takes a few tries, sometimes doesn't make it. I think horsepower has something todo with it but not much at all. Know your common ground and set yourself up to operate on it. The more I see the Gehl 340, the closer it gets. Dave has a sweet 2010 with a cab for a good deal right now. Come on wind and rain!

and the last few responses convince me that tracks and a few sheets of plywood are the way to go,
my machine is like a mini tank, i go up hill down hill, side hill at an angle and carry large chunks of wood, it reaches just high enough to get in the bed of a standard forestry truck, and i use the next log to shove the 1st in repeatedly
today i am removing 2 palms, and loading them into my trailer in 5 ft blocks, in and out in under 2 hours, im cutting, and my brother in law on the dingo no need for a 3rd guy to move logs

(For tree work) If you're thinking mini, you should really consider the AL140. If you're thinking of the 140 and have the towing capacity/room, you should really get the 340.

Back