ISA Board Certified Master Arborist

• Thread starter Mr. Sir
  • Start date
  • Replies 20
  • Views 4K
M

Mr. Sir

I just scheduled my BCMA test for June 30. Any advice on what to study, etc? Thanks!

Did you get the study list?
Basic appraisal stuff, soil density, biology, anything you can get your hands on

Gigi, my test had questions about bald cypress, I don't think they change it based on area yet

I am working on lining mine up, $550? Thats a hefty pricetag, maybe I will wait till after summer. Bald cypress grow here Willie, did you not expect to see it on the test for your area?
My concern is the pesticide and fertilizer sections, most products that are listed are not for sale in Canada and most areas have complete pesticide bans anyways, doesnt seem fair to expect anyone to be an expert on them when we can't buy or use them here.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Pesticides are my weak area. The last time I did any regular pesticide applications, we were using products like Sevin, Malathion, Methoxychlor, Kelthane, and Chlordane.

Got my BCMA notice in the mail here, problem is I don't know how much I want to do with the ISA anymore though.

LOL I hoarded a few of those when the gov.t started banning and seizing them from the garden shops. ;) A few bottles at least, just little ones. :/:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
My ethics agreement requires that I notify the proper authorities.

:P

I am working on lining mine up, $550? Thats a hefty pricetag, maybe I will wait till after summer. Bald cypress grow here Willie, did you not expect to see it on the test for your area?
My concern is the pesticide and fertilizer sections, most products that are listed are not for sale in Canada and most areas have complete pesticide bans anyways, doesnt seem fair to expect anyone to be an expert on them when we can't buy or use them here.

I think that test was $450
Bald cypress grow here as well but there are very few, not a native by any means

Certificates work for you in some ways. Especially in the cities. I suppose if I was younger and getting into the trade it would be worth it. I got the Wraptor now. That should be enough to get me in anywhere.

Hell yah. Piece of paper bs imo.

I'll roll with it though.

No one's inviting me to become a BCMA anytime soon though I think.

Whatever it takes to win.

Win what?

Good luck, Mr. Sir. pm me to schedule a review session in LOL in a week or so. My knowledge of the test may be 7 years stale, but we could run some scenarios in the field. Have Wraptor, will travel...and Gerry, i know whatcha mean, but certs plus a Wraptor are a true blessing for an old man.

Back