Is it just me?

kingkee

Treehouser
I mean I've been thinking of adding this product to my prep bag. I just think that if something happens this is the thing that I would like to bring and have the most. This thing that I'm buying at
drjsllc.com/cbd-wholesale/ I mean its not only a medicine but helps me calm down in a panicking situation people. What about you whats the product that wanna bring the most if in case something happens?

In case something like what happens?

If you mean a real shit-hits-the-fan-doomsday type thing, I’d feel a lot better prepared having a big stash of antibiotics and narcotics.

Welcome, by the way! :)

A good knife, a way to make fire, and a supply of tobacco is all I need. Throw some MREs and canned fish in the bag, and I'm ready to go. Oh, and paracord. It's the duct tape of the outdoors.

Shroud line! (paracord)...always have that and a knife in my pocket. Cut 'em up, tie 'em up, move on...next.:D

You literally carry paracord with you full time? Interesting. What length?

I carry a 3' prusik(6' straight) in my belt loops for work. I don't use it often, but when I need it, it really comes in handy. I keep it clipped with a toy biner. Weighs almost nothing, and stays out of the way, so it's worth carrying.

:lol: i used to as well, and actually carried a small hank of 3/8 maybe 50 foot around. Very very handy for doing certain tasks as a fitter in the field.

I always have a Leatherman tool, always when I leave the house.
I have a Wave, Supertool, and the smallish original one.
Wave is my favorite, but I carry the original more often because I keep it in back pocket and it doesn’t hurt my butt as much when I sit. I never liked pouches on my belt I guess.
I think they all wear holes through the pocket eventually, should probably use the pouch or prepatch the inside of pockets with iron-on patches.

Lol I used to carry paracord in my pocket too... no dope since 8/2015 though. Paracord makes a fine little tourniquet.

You literally carry paracord with you full time? Interesting. What length?

About 8-9 feet...tied with a quick release...grab the 2 ends and pull. It falls apart into a backfed, ready to go pile. Often use it several times a week...stays in a cargo pocket of my BDU with a Xikar torch/lighter, PPE latex gloves.

xikar.jpg

Jonny....I carry this all the time. An Olight. Rechargeable via USB connection at end of light. I can charge it from computer, cig lighter in truck, etc. I use it several times every day...super handy for me. Keep a blue sharpie with it...use that lots, too. Gear geeks...we all are, I reckon.

olight.jpg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
So to sum it all I guess food is not the most priority of most people like me hehe guess won't be able to eat if ur feeling sick anyway

Wow you all are impressive. I have a hard enough time keeping track of phone wallet keys, let alone knives, pliers, flashlights, pens and paracord although I must admit there are plenty of times I wish I had at least one of those items.

I do have a small knife on my keychain which I find incredibly useful.

About 8-9 feet...tied with a quick release...grab the 2 ends and pull. It falls apart into a backfed, ready to go pile. Often use it several times a week...stays in a cargo pocket of my BDU with a Xikar torch/lighter, PPE latex gloves.

View attachment 98246
Is that paracord? Looks like starter rope. Also handy stuff, might not have the strength of paracord but way better abrasion resistance.
I once tried using 550 cord for a chainsaw starter, lasted a few days, guestimate maybe 50 pulls? The jacket or cover wore holes and it fell apart. Then I bought a 100’ spool of real starter cord, should last me a lifetime.

It is a wannabe paracord. I have some spools of the multistranded paracord but that cord you see I scrounged somewhere recently when I used up my good stuff. This is for sure paracord...makes great slings. Often have one of these in my pocket, too. sling  (1).JPG sling  (2).JPG sling  (7).JPG

I've thought about making one, but never got to it. Maybe I'll see what I can come up with.

They are always fun....rocks, black walnuts, hickory nuts, etc. You can pass some good times slinging things. Tennis balls, too...have had some great battles slinging tennis balls.

Ever tried throw bag with line attached? Or maybe tennis ball with sand or shot and throw line attached?

Back