Insufficient priveleges to reply here?

Not surprising! Especially coming from you.

I used to think like that too... until I realized that the only place I could actually learn something new, radically new, is when it initially occurs as ridiculous or silly. That means it's challenging my belief systems. It's outside my box. That's the time to start paying attention. I always just wanted to know the truth. I was hungry for it. It's surprising to me how many people would honestly prefer not to know. Sometimes the outer truth is ugly and hurts so bad. All the ugliness in the world. It's just easier to pretend that everything is OK in our little fantasy worlds, America: land of the free and home of the brave. All those dead Iraqi babies and the millions of peasants in SE Asia and Central America are better off swept under the rug. SO much easier to have a few beers and turn on the game.

While your level of experience and expertise is worthy of respect, our little jousting matches here at the house have convinced me that you, like most here are stuck in a box of what can and can't be done. and what is the right and the wrong way to cut a tree. Of course, anything that stuck in the box people haven't seen before is automatically considered the "wrong way".

Somewhere around 15 years ago I was taking this locust top out and I was trying a new cut I had read about. It didn't quite go as it should have. IT ACTUALLY WENT BETTER.. so I started thinking about it and wondered if that variation could be done on purpose. So I tried it out a bunch more times and sure enough, it worked. It was fast, easy, safer and more reliable than any cut I had ever seen for certain common scenarios. I started using it all the time. On many trees more often than conventional cuts.

So I was all excited about this cut, when I happened to run into my first boss' son eating lunch at the local diner, with his nephew. This guy was one badass tree killer. He taught me how to use a porta wrap. IN my innocent exuberance, all excited to share how this cut works, I announced "I invented a new cut". They both just laughed involuntarily, just the way we all do when we hear something that sounds so ridiculous. So I said, "hey, enjoy your lunch" and walked away. All these years later and still no one has figured it out.

You are today, yesterday, and will be tomorrow, a self idolizing frig who thinks he is smarter and knows better than the rest of the cutters on this planet. That premise alone, on it's surface, begs disbelief. You alone know the secrets, and no one else ever has or ever will? I don't think so.

And I know I am stupid to waste both my time, and that of the 'House, responding to your crap. But at hopefully rare times I act the fool, not being able to walk away from your senseless noise, when you decide again to deride my knowledge of the sawyers art.

If you can, consider the possibility that over many years, when I have not risen to your challenge to explain things you demand I do to prove I understand standard falling methodologies and the reasons for them, and that you then take as evidence that I don't know what's going on, what you are talking about...that you might not be understanding the dynamics of our interactions. And that you must then explain it to me, and call me out for being without that knowledge?

Get a clue, sir...it is all about the fact that I don't give a frig about trying to interact with your assedness.

I am apparently quite short on patience tonight, for no good reason.

Apologies to my fellow 'Housers.

None however do I offer to Mr. Murphy.

Last edited:
I have been soaking up knowledge about tree-work like a sponge and this forum offers a plethora of skills and thousands of years of combined experience in the field ... Lots of hidden gems here for sure. While “thinking out of the box” is most certainly a worthwhile endeavor and can lead to new discoveries, I’m also cognizant of the “nothing new under the sun” philosophy , ie most likely whatever I am able to unearth has been done previously, by someone else , I just do not know about it. There are established safe practices for falling trees, developed over many decades and many have had close calls/perished to discover these practices. Stay safe

You are today, yesterday, and will be tomorrow, a self idolizing frig who thinks he is smarter and knows better than the rest of the cutters on this planet. That premise alone, on it's surface, begs disbelief. You alone know the secrets, and no one else ever has or ever will? I don't think so.

And I know I am stupid to waste both my time, and that of the 'House, responding to your crap. But at hopefully rare times I act the fool, not being able to walk away from your senseless noise, when you decide again to deride my knowledge of the sawyers art.

If you can, consider the possibility that over many years, when I have not risen to your challenge to explain things you demand I do to prove I understand standard falling methodologies and the reasons for them, and you then take that as evidence that I don't know what's going on. And that you must then explain it to me, and call me out for being without that knowledge?

Get a clue, sir...it is all about the fact that I don't give a frig about trying to interact with your assedness.

I am apparently quite short on patience tonight, for no good reason.

Apologies to my fellow 'Housers.

None however do I offer to Mr. Murphy.
Have another shot of scotch, Burnham. It’ll all come out in the wash.

He who claims to know it all....in saying so....reveals that he does not....

Last edited:
I don't think the issue is the things posted (I'm a big fan too of how the others are working), but more the way to present them, and himself by the way.
Some are interesting, and worth studying, even if I wouldn't have done like that. Others are just its own trumpet totting and spitting on the other guys. That rubs the hairs in a wrong way.

Last edited:
Back