Insufficient priveleges to reply here?

personally i need help to process and interpret the madness in the world. i dont want to hear from people who think like me, i do want to hear from tree people, because tree people are my friends. i like that the PRP section is private

We're getting a de-tox, from what has become a toxic subject...a reminder of how we used to be more forgiving with our banter. I don't think any of us on 'One side or the other' are going to functionally change anyone's mind...
At best, it's given pause for thought here at the House...I know I have actually looked at some information sites I normally wouldn't, just to see why other's views differ so wildly from mine. It's an interesting experiment, and really in the end just led me to realize that furthering some of the 'debate' was undermining the regard I held for some members, and why??? just over some stupid politics?
I'd rather go climb trees with you lot, learn neat stuff from you and know you have my back and I have yours than drag along in the muck with subjects that have no real positive, life affirming outcome.
Amen.

Now...is it ok to use Husky branded chain oil in my Shihl saws?? I say yes, done it for years with no ill effects, see, detente at its best. :lol:

Last edited:
how about a for conspiracy theorists only thread?

That way those that are interested in sharing "alternative" ideas and information would have a place to go, while those that are not of the mindset to discuss such subjects would not need to "participate" with the derogatory name-calling and verbally abuse insults, which are such a drag on the house.

I personally don't care for Frankie's posts, nor the links to his podcasting allies, but I don't think he should be banned or shunned because his viewpoint is outside the norm. I don't bother arguing with him. I just skim or ignore his (IMO) "rants". Not to say that I haven't learned a few things from his posts, I just generally don't care for the way its presentated.

On the other hand there have been some great information and links shared by Kevin B and DMc etc. I don't alway agree with everything they post, but I like to check it out and see if anything fits for me.

I have in a way been using this forum as an archive to post information and videos I think have value, as well as a test to see how or what it takes to communicate some of these ideas that are outside the norm to chainsaw-wielding men and women, whom I would generally consider having a more practical take on the world than the average bear. And I find the human condition fascinating that people, in general, tend to think they know everything there is to know and are so quick to dismiss anything outside their world view. It's just common sense that there is so much more going on behind the scenes than any of us could ever know or even imagine.

I was on my way to a job with the stump grinder a few months back and came up to an intersection 4-way stop sign at the exact same time as a minivan. I just did a California stop, and blew the stop sign, figuring I would just take the initiative, even though technically in the state of PA the right of way in a tie goes to the driver on the right, which was the minivan. Turned out to be one of the three brothers that run the highest end tree outfit in these parts, whom I know casually. He caught up to me and rolled his window down to say "Stop sign". I said.... "can I tell you something? and waited for his reply... When he said "yes... but make it quick", I said "you've been brainwashed" ... He let a quick uncontrollable laugh out loud, which is generally a sign that you've just heard something outside your box.

Last edited:
:D ... ... Always remember Daniel , I too possess the skill , knowledge and experience of a master, coupled with some of the best equipment that money can buy ! :greetings:

Last edited:
how about a for conspiracy theorists only thread?

That way those that are interested in sharing "alternative" ideas and information would have a place to go, while those that are not of the mindset to discuss such subjects would not need to "participate" with the derogatory name-calling and verbally abuse insults, which are such a drag on the house.

I personally don't care for Frankie's posts, nor the links to his podcasting allies, but I don't think he should be banned or shunned because his viewpoint is outside the norm. I don't bother arguing with him. I just skim or ignore his (IMO) "rants". Not to say that I haven't learned a few things from his posts, I just generally don't care for the way its presentated.

On the other hand there have been some great information and links shared by Kevin B and DMc etc. I don't alway agree with everything they post, but I like to check it out and see if anything fits for me.

I have in a way been using this forum as an archive to post information and videos I think have value, as well as a test to see how or what it takes to communicate some of these ideas that are outside the norm to chainsaw-wielding men and women, whom I would generally consider having a more practical take on the world than the average bear. And I find the human condition fascinating that people, in general, tend to think they know everything there is to know and are so quick to dismiss anything outside their world view. It's just common sense that there is so much more going on behind the scenes than any of us could ever know or even imagine.

I was on my way to a job with the stump grinder a few months back and came up to an intersection 4-way stop sign at the exact same time as a minivan. I just did a California stop, and blew the stop sign, figuring I would just take the initiative, even though technically in the state of PA the right of way in a tie goes to the driver on the right, which was the minivan. Turned out to be one of the three brothers that run the highest end tree outfit in these parts, whom I know casually. He caught up to me and rolled his window down to say "Stop sign". I said.... "can I tell you something? and waited for his reply... When he said "yes... but make it quick", I said "you've been brainwashed" ... He let a quick uncontrollable laugh out loud, which is generally a sign that you've just heard something outside your box.

Sorry, Daniel...but in my world that is generally a sign that you've just heard something stupid.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I find it very easy to just not click on the things that I don't think I'd like or that don't interest me. If I get into something I don't like I have a back arrow. Seems so simple. I'm not going to continously eat celery then gripe to the store owner everyday because he has celery. I just move on. If someone forces their celery in my face we'll have a problem. That has yet to happen. No one here has taken control of my phone and made me look at something that offends me. I'm for whatever forums everyone else wants. If it doesn't interest me I'll move on. If I'm engaged in a conversation and it goes south I'll back out and find something else to look at. Seems simple enough to me.

Sorry, Daniel...but in my world that is generally a sign that you've just heard something stupid.

Not surprising! Especially coming from you.

I used to think like that too... until I realized that the only place I could actually learn something new, radically new, is when it initially occurs as ridiculous or silly. That means it's challenging my belief systems. It's outside my box. That's the time to start paying attention. I always just wanted to know the truth. I was hungry for it. It's surprising to me how many people would honestly prefer not to know. Sometimes the outer truth is ugly and hurts so bad. All the ugliness in the world. It's just easier to pretend that everything is OK in our little fantasy worlds, America: land of the free and home of the brave. All those dead Iraqi babies and the millions of peasants in SE Asia and Central America are better off swept under the rug. SO much easier to have a few beers and turn on the game.

While your level of experience and expertise is worthy of respect, our little jousting matches here at the house have convinced me that you, like most here are stuck in a box of what can and can't be done. and what is the right and the wrong way to cut a tree. Of course, anything that stuck in the box people haven't seen before is automatically considered the "wrong way".

Somewhere around 15 years ago I was taking this locust top out and I was trying a new cut I had read about. It didn't quite go as it should have. IT ACTUALLY WENT BETTER.. so I started thinking about it and wondered if that variation could be done on purpose. So I tried it out a bunch more times and sure enough, it worked. It was fast, easy, safer and more reliable than any cut I had ever seen for certain common scenarios. I started using it all the time. On many trees more often than conventional cuts.

So I was all excited about this cut, when I happened to run into my first boss' son eating lunch at the local diner, with his nephew. This guy was one badass tree killer. He taught me how to use a porta wrap. IN my innocent exuberance, all excited to share how this cut works, I announced "I invented a new cut". They both just laughed involuntarily, just the way we all do when we hear something that sounds so ridiculous. So I said, "hey, enjoy your lunch" and walked away. All these years later and still no one has figured it out.

That’s not what’s been going on, it’s been cunts from one side bitching about cunts from the other side, acting like there’s an admirable side of the aisle in American politics.

That wouldn't include me, then.

According to Butch, I've been pissing on America since the day I joined here.

Left and right.

Sure glad to avoid that nasty label.

maybe thats it. but i really enjoy talking with people with different perspectives. i kind of feel like we had a good poker game going on that got busted up by the police. there is no need for both a sanitized treebuzz and a sanitized treehouse IMO.
I can see that, even if personally I don't like the confrontation. But in the locked threads, the interaction turns too often to an angry deaf dialog.
No one listen to the other, but to take a word or two and start an other rant. I see so many people, even some you would judge well minded, becoming dumb when these sort of subjects comes on the table. It really amazes me, but not in a good way.

it may appear that noone is listening to eachother. but that is not true. i find it amusing that at this table i am a raving liberal, but at another table i sound just like jim. spouting off their arguments as if they were my own to my friends who are far more liberal than I.

the corona virus thread has been great as far as I can see for wading through all the information. i have my opinions but i can help but be influenced by someone else's crazy rant. one way or another. we are all limited and and isolated by our own experiences. I personally appreciate people who lay their ideas on the table no matter how dumb the ideas are.

Dumb ideas are far better than no ideas. dumb questions are preferable to no questions.

In some circles, I'm a bad tree killing white cis-male, I'm sure, and others very liberal. Same guy.

I listen to my local 2 friends who are Conservatives brainwashed by conservative ideas, and they listen to my liberal, brainwashed by liberal sources, thoughts.

Nobody is going to go from hard L to R, nor R to L, but some will come closer to the middle by getting out of an echo chamber.

Always remember Daniel , I too possess the skill , knowledge and experience of a master, coupled with some of the best equipment that money can buy !

Birds of a feather

He caught up to me and rolled his window down to say "Stop sign". I said.... "can I tell you something? and waited for his reply... When he said "yes... but make it quick", I said "you've been brainwashed"

At the risk of Idk what- in what manner was this person brainwashed/how is getting punked by you at a stop sign evidence of brainwashing?

Back