Ghetto trucks!

squisher

THE CALM ONE!!!!
Well I mentioned a couple of days ago about painting my 'ghetto truck'. C'mon y'all must have one too. The ugly beast that gets the job done.:D

I've had this truck for quite a few years now. It's what I progressed to after starting with a pick-up with plywood sides. It's been a very good truck, so I decided to give her a makeover with my bit of downtime here. Since I rolled my bucket truck I've only done a handful of jobs as my buddies chip truck ended up not working out.

I took a couple days to prep it and then sprayed it yesterday morning and the last pics are what it looks like now, nearly done but not quite.

I'm pleased with the results. I've spent $220 cdn to paint it, including buying the spray gun. All the emblems and trim just fell right into place for me for free.8) So $220 total budget.

I'll post a couple at a time, my internets is slow. Here's the before shots.

Attachments

• IMG_7678.JPG
    IMG_7678.JPG
    229.4 KB · Views: 160
  • IMG_7680.JPG
    IMG_7680.JPG
    212.8 KB · Views: 161
Thats not ghetto! Remember my old chip truck? The guys started calling it the fire truck after the 2nd time it caught fire:lol:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Here's a couple more.

Attachments

• IMG_7681.JPG
    IMG_7681.JPG
    181.8 KB · Views: 159
  • IMG_7683.JPG
    IMG_7683.JPG
    178.4 KB · Views: 158
And here's how it sits now. I'm having a little trouble with the windshield trim and I have one last 4x2 emblem to go back on, some touch up on the propane tanks, and I'll call her done. It's far from perfect, I'm sure it would be ridiculed and called a homeowner hack job by any self respecting body man.:D

But I'm still pleased with it.8)

Attachments

• IMG_7686.JPG
    IMG_7686.JPG
    204.2 KB · Views: 158
  • IMG_7687.JPG
    IMG_7687.JPG
    155.9 KB · Views: 155
  • IMG_7688.JPG
    IMG_7688.JPG
    231.1 KB · Views: 156
The fancy chrome hubcaps are what I used to run on my nice chevy dually in the winter, I kept 'em when I sold it.:D

I notice you still have the slide in camper in the background. Gonna keep it until the termites eat it? ;)

Ghetto truck looks spiffy. 8)

Very good Squish. I think that the level of finish is some times relaxed for a work vehicletha will receive rough use.

Yah I'm gonna cry the first time my uncle(emlpoyee) sets a saw on the hood.:cry:

:lol:

Heh I thought this thread could maybe continue as a place for people to post similar type pics whether a fix up is going on or not of the 'ghetto trucks' of their fleet.

I notice you still have the slide in camper in the background. Gonna keep it until the termites eat it? ;)

No termites up here man.8) Heh if I use that camper once or twice a year I'm not sweating it none. It is in a different spot now then when it was in previous pictures I posted.:D Just so ya know.:P

Since you sold the pickup, how do you use it? Stick it on your dump trailer?

Glad you got the old dump truck cleaned up. Now maybe she won't feel so jealous when the new bucket truck rolls into the yard tomorrow. 8)

My new(to me) 04 f-350 that I bought last winter hauls it around just fine. Or my '92 plow truck is also set-up for the camper.8)

Heading out tomorrow am for the new truck. I can hardly wait.

I think it looks great. I keep thinking I will do my old beasts someday. Paint job wont last long on mine with the woods and brush they run through regular.

Nice job,looks fine to me .

I doubt I paint the thing but I just might do some front end work and overhaul the engine in my old '77 F-250 . That stubborn old cuss just won't die as much as I've tried to kill it .

What the hey,3-400 in parts and run it for another 20 years .:)

Looks good Squishifer. Those picts have a certain amber hue to them, is that fire still going?

Lol, you called it OM. Everything's apparently under control but thick smoke everywhere and tons of ash today, I'm lucky I painted yesterday.

Dark that's what I'm talking about, representing the old beasts that made some money.8)

Justin. I think it looks great! I'd trade my Intn'l 1600s forestry body for one like that in a heart beat.

Now this was ghetto! Puke yellow doors rattle canned white:lol:

Attachments

• craigslist 007.jpg
    craigslist 007.jpg
    210 KB · Views: 8
  • craigslist.jpg
    craigslist.jpg
    241.1 KB · Views: 8
Nice work on the painting. I will do the same with this old landrover before summer is over.
I may do it under a canopy tho to keep the dust off while drying

Back