Propane fueled truck for sale. Tell me about propane.

It's basically a gas engine, cylinders will be cleaner and maybe cheaper to run depending.

What Kyle said.

Nothing about that ad makes me want to buy his truck.

A fuel pump on a propane truck isn't something I expected.

1652799137887.png

Had one dual fuel pickup (used from the Power Co.) , Petrol and Natural Gas. Never used the LNG for two reasons , nearest place to fill up was Springfield Mass. plus it seems LNG has a reputation of hard starting in cold temps. Where I grew up our local propane guy converted his car to Propane and loved it.

The dude posted 0 pictures of the truck.
"No significant damage"
You can't drive the truck, but he'll give you a ride if he can take a picture of your ID.
I have the title, it's clean, but you can't see it, much less take it when you buy the truck.

It's a 16 year old propane truck... I wonder what parts availability is like.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm not planning on giving him an ID.

I didn't think GMC parts would be that hard to find, even with a propane conversion. I'm asking because I don't know.

It would replace a 1990 f450 service body.

It is only 20 minutes from me.

I have a customer that has a 2000 dodge 1500 that has the duel fuel never used the propane but some how the system doesnt work and the people that made the propane system went out of businesses and cant find the part to fix it.

It sounds like dodge had some one make the system for them.

Before you get any further try calling the dealership and see if they can get parts for the propane system and also try autozone. You couldd actually go to autozones website and search for the parts and see what comes up. But talking with the dealership will definitely give you a better idea on how easy the parts are to find and if they plan on being able to get those parts for the future.

I had a Ford 351 ute for years duel fuel, bit of work done on it. Heads, extractors etc, went pretty quick and no problems with it. Fuel cost here is a fair bit more than the US so I ran it mostly on LPG. Couple of people I knew ran F100 & F250 the same.

Only thing to worry about was valves, but these were 80's & 90's models so modern motors might be different. I had a Flash Lube Valve Saver Kit setup fitted, it just fed a bit in as needed. Just had to top it up now and again. Not very expensive. Flashlube Valve Saver Fluid: Flashlube fuel additives Synthetic lubricants for the automotive industry - Genuine Flashlube™ - https://www.flashlube.com/en/products/valve-saver-fluid.html

Edit. Not quite as quick running on LPG.

I can understand him being a bit wary about selling to unknown people. Bit the same in Sydney with Gumtree, I won't deal on there usually.

It's in the link.

Last edited:
Reminds me of a guy who hired me to consult him about the tree removal process for a large tree onover multiple properties.

I consulted but didn't want to bid.

He told me to bid the job for legal American citizens as workers, and not to bring illegals to the removal job.

I respected that, for the record.

I have no illegals.

Just didn't want the job. Too many moving parts too far from home.

Back