Fuel prices

Let us learn a lesson: charge double for tree removals, but knock off 25%

Fireworks tents have been doing it for a long time except for this year: 75% off! When you can buy them for another 50-75% off from a wholesale store.

After our small bump back up we're still about 20% lower than the more painful peak. 20% is significant in a real pocketbook way. A psychological memory was back when gas broke $1.00 for the first time. Ahhh the outcry and moaning back then ;)

I have 5 guys logging full time, so I just ordered 3 drums of alkylate premix..........................price is up $1 a liter.

Ouch!!

I wonder how the price you're paying compares to wholesale? You could form a co-op with other small engine users and buy huge quantities at a time to save money.

I recall twenty something cents to 70 something cents in the 70's, per gallon that is, or about triple was the gripe. 25 cents a gallon is about 5 cents a liter!!!i Don't be racking up a big fuel bill! New car cost $4000 though, not $40,000.

We're back up 20 cents in time for the weekend.

To understand why fueld prices remain stubbornly high, this is kind of required reading:

Free market capitalism.

Clearly, WaDOT, somewhat gas-tax funded, is not very cheap as a government agency, and also pays living wages and retirements.

If you read the article I posted you'll see that a lot of big investment money is leaving the exploration and refining businesses, making it even more difficult to put the final product (fuel) on the table. Combined with the handlers behind the current occupant doing what they can to "go green", it paints a dark picture for the future of petroleum products.

I just saw a reference to the Gasbuddy guy on TV for the first time, though his web presence has shown up for a long time. Kind of a U.S. version of Dan McTeague. Is gas buddy used by anyone?

I use the app all the time, mainly to see which of the gas stations in town is gonna be the best that day in my travels

Use it to find best priced fuel along unfamiliar routes, or who currently has the best priced diesel on the highway just south of my yard/house.

Pretty sure that choosing a gas station that has prices a few cents less than another won't really make much difference in your bottom line. Especially if you have to go out of your way even a little bit to get there.

Not that I don't do it some :). Human nature.

I know what prices to expect at various stations/localities. Best bet around here is either wawa or Carroll Independent. When I need gas, I try to hit one of them on my path, and there's usually one or the other on my path.

We have Indian reservations that sell gas for about 40 cents less. Nobody checks their pumps to make sure they give you a gallon. I go there if it is on my way.
Buy it in town most of the time. If I go to the rez I fill it up.

Well that's the thing, it's not just a few cents around here, and when you're filling a truck it adds up quick.

Screenshot_20221229-162135_GasBuddy.jpg

Back