Exercise

Not that this is really about exercise but with my late start yesterday and the fact that I needed something from my truck, I walked outside barefoot just after sunrise. I stood out there bare chested for a few minutes standing in the frost covered grass just enjoying the radiance of the sun. I did my routine and then did a bunch of minor things outside without my shirt on and never felt cold. It was around 40*F when I finally put a shirt on to split some wood.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I suspect that approx 6 months from now, we gonna see Rich on the cover of a health n fitness mag, headline will be along the lines of You Can Do It Too, or NO Excuses!.

Maybe, Industrial Athlete Gets Even Fitter.

Or, Amazing Lifestyle Benefits of Cold Dunking

Highly unlikely. It would be great though. Having pics in the big magazines seems to come along with money. I could use more of that.

@cory Looks awesome…. I see the allure. I’d have to train up for that.. the heat is wicked.
I have not run in a bout a month.. just been too much lately.. days I work I don’t have the strength or will to run.. daze I don’t work I run so my dog brain feels I got some lead out.. currently sitting home w some kinda stomach flu, one squirt an hour every hour for 48 hours.. missed 2 days of work.. hopefully can get this Friday together. Says norovirus can stay contagious for up to 2 weeks……. 💩

edit.. Haha Life!

Last edited:
Feel mo betta!

Let Goggins and this song juice up your push ups

One round is virtually impossible for most folks.

Fast forward if you must, this dude is a freaking animal

It seems you've been running the crane alot lately and doing things that aren't tree climbing. If true, does that make a significant difference in your personal energy level which allows more energy available for non-work exercise etc?

I’m not sure @cory. Running the crane is the least physical part of my job so you would think I’d have loads of energy after work but being sedentary drains me. Also the mental stress of operating the crane is much different than the climbing or other aspects of the job. As I’ve grown more comfortable in the seat I’ve lowered that stress but it’s still a mental drain.
The lack of the physical work was one reason I decided I needed to start taking care of myself better. My plans for vacations and retirement involve a lot of physical challenges. Got to be in shape for the trekking I want to do. I also want to have the energy to keep up with my kids as they get older plus hopefully give them some drive to do so themselves. Mostly, the “dad bod” thing doesn’t sit well with me. I refuse to accept that as my future.

Good answer!! Where do you want to trek?

Re sedentary- back in the day I worked with a very talented tree guy at a small tree service. After awhile he decided to leave to go work trees with the State because it would be less pedal to the metal and he'd have energy for his many projects after each workday. He left after about a year with the state because the daily pace of work was so insanely slow that he was more tired at the end of the day than he would be from working hard all day. :rockon: :lol:

Exactly.
I just enjoy being outdoors. There is so much of this country I want to see and experience. I have no desire to see the cities though. Haven’t really got a plan for it all. I’m going to the Smokies again in mid May this year. There are a few trails and waterfalls I have not experienced yet. I’d also like to do the Cades Cove loop on foot. Might even run it. Im not sure but if I remember it’s 11 miles. They have one day each week that it’s closed to motorist.

The less I do the less energy I have. Work's been slow for awhile, and what I have been doing hasn't been particularly physical. Makes me tired. Fooling with trees is fatiguing, and I seem to always get damned cramps at night, but I have far more energy, and feel generally better.

I don't like exercise much. If I'm exerting energy I want to be getting something done, or least see something cool, so it's either hiking, or something with wood. I do neither as much as I should.

Back