Exercise

cory

Tree House enthusiast
Hard to believe there is not already such a thread here somewhere, but I couldnt find one. Sean does have a thread on tree worker treatments etc, which I also couldn't find.

Anyway, I always prefer to exercise outside, often while hiking etc, killing 2 birds with one stone kinda thing.

A buddy in his late 60's got into TRX training and said it helped him alot, so I made one out of rope, prussics, rake handle grips, microscender for the main height/length adjustment, I like it alot. Like most any exercise 'modality' no single approach can do it all but the TRX approach, which i'm still very new to, is versatile and seems like a nice addition to a general fitness approach.

Anyone else got a go-to or interesting take on exercise?

lxskllr

Treehouser
That's pretty much how I see it. I've always been fairly against exercise. Work just to work is boring and not immediately productive. Climbing is good. Not so much in the summer for me, but I push a stupid mower around the yard every week or two, and my normal stuff I get paid for gets me moving. I'm calling it Good Enough™

SeanKroll

Treehouser
I find climbing and tree work to be pulling and gripping dominated. Getting unbalanced muscle groups leads to different Musculo-skeletal (sp?) disorders, such as shoulder blades and knee caps moving out of natural alignment.

Core work/ strong core muscles is a part of safety and longevity.

Just getting over a sore elbow. Tight biceps and brachioradialis from lifting (pulling with arms) firewood onto the splitter and stacking, plus chainsaw work, and not much else during my late summer stay-cation and back to work.

Cross-training/ preventative PT makes for better climbing, and longer working careers.

I'm not great at it. I'm learning to be better.

Time for more water and a little stretching.

And coffee.

Imagine if you were not an ambi-turner, you'd get worn out on one side.

Zoolander, anyone?

Tommy_B

Clutching at saws...
I ride my bike as much as possible and play 5 a side football very occasionally. I'm not climbing very much at all compared to some but certainly feel it if I do a solid day

flushcut

TreeHouser
I had a groundie who worked out after work and the next day he was always complaining about how sore he was and was sluggish on the job.

cory

Tree House enthusiast
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
One of my guys is constantly doing pushups otj, it heavily annoyed me at first for obvious reasons, but I'm used to it now :big-bat: :/:;)

cory

Tree House enthusiast
I'd love that :rockhard:

cory

Tree House enthusiast
Ha, agreed