Chippers

maggies dad

TreeHouser
What is your best chipper? Why? I really want to sell the chuck and duck and move to a safer chipper. Im tired of getting wacked every time I use it. I found a bandit 200xp but dont know much about them. What size do yall use. My c/d is a 12" but I think I want to go down in size.
Thanks.

I run an 01 200xp. I love it just wish it had a bigger power plant, 90 horse Perkins, when I feed it with the boxer especially with new knives it tends to overrun the feed wheels and can nearly stall. I would go to a 250xp in a heartbeat.

I'm a big fan of a 9" Brush Bandit with a souped up engine and if possible, the frame. I like light, small, and powerful.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
MasterBlaster, That sounds like what I really want, But it depends on the kind of deal the guy with the 200 is willing to make. I really dont ever chip anything over about 6-8 inches. All the bigger stuff is used for fire wood cause most of it is oak. Husabud, I sent you a p.m. trying to pick your brain. Thanks guys.:thumbup:

i love my 250 xp, its just heavy as hell, but with a 116 hp turbo charged cummings, it takes being fed with an excavator or prentice nicely, even if we over run it by pushing debris in with a log, weighs in round 6k lbs

id go with a disc, 9 inch is nice , but go with a diesel motor, water cooled, watch them air cooled units.

and the 200 would be good if it has the live hydraulics, with the hyd raise/lower on the feed wheels

Yeah I forgot the hydraulic ram on the feed wheels. I have it and it does make a Huge difference. Really helps crush brush down to fit throu the chute.

i love my 250 xp, its just heavy as hell, but with a 116 hp turbo charged cummings, it takes being fed with an excavator or prentice nicely, even if we over run it by pushing debris in with a log, weighs in round 6k lbs

id go with a disc, 9 inch is nice , but go with a diesel motor, water cooled, watch them air cooled units.

and the 200 would be good if it has the live hydraulics, with the hyd raise/lower on the feed wheels
Is it really only 6000 lbs? My.vermeer 1250 with the curb feed is like 7 thousand something and can't compare to a bandit 250.

A friend of mine went from a Vermeer 1250 to a Vermeer BC1000 about 3-4 years ago and absolutely loves it. Virtually the same usable capacity with better chips and 1500 lbs less weight.

You know they do put a bunch of weight on one axle on some of those chippers .Tow one behind a pick up for whatever reason it will shove you all over the place .

I did love my bandit 9inch disc. I'd recommend the crush option on it.
I currently have a woodsman 15x. By far the best chipper I've owned.

The best? Everyone will have their preference. Morbark's service around here is impeccable, so that is what I stick with. Our machine weighs in at 9,000 lbs. Size of machine is all going to depend on your setup and what your primary type of work is.

You know they do put a bunch of weight on one axle on some of those chippers .Tow one behind a pick up for whatever reason it will shove you all over the place .

and when it does please manually reach down and apply the trailer brakes at the controller...DO NOT touch your brake pedal or you will roll your chit up into a ball,
my competitor did it to a jacked up 1500 chevy and a 250 bandit at 75 plus mph on the hwy here....he hit the seam in the hwy, it wobbled, they touched the brakes, and it pushed him right off the highway into the trees

Well it doesnt look like the 200 is going to happen. The guy is in cody wyoming and is about to deploy with the military, so it would be a word of mouth / pictures transaction and Im not really down with that. It sounds like a good deal if it is true, but I couldnt tell you if it is. 3000,00 for a 200 xp with 1200hrs. If yall want to look check out his ad on craigs list in cody. Im going to look for something closer to home. Thanks for all the feed back, Im new to the world of disc chippers , but I dream of the day that I chip a load of brush and Im not scratched up and all my clothes make it home with me.

Yep, I just got a bad feeling from the e-mails, He says he is deploying in 2 days and wanted to do a google something or the other payment deal. He said I would have a 5 day trial period . How exactly do you get it shipped back if it sucks and he is deployed ? Not real interested in having something that is half way to what I want either. I ll just keep looking till I find what I want. Maybe Ill wait another year and buy new, but I hate buying new stuff, every time It gets a scratch I get all bothered. I have an 8hr day of chipping next week, I may change my mind about waiting after that.:wickedfart: I have no ideal what those little smiley guys have to do with this post, but I thought they were pretty funny so there they are.

With that price, a scam for sure. I paid around $9000 for my 01 with "2500" hrs on it. After schooling myself, I suspect3500 hrs is more accurate. Take yor time and keep looking. I was almost ready to quit when my machine jumped at me. Look everywhere, find out when the big co's trade up and get to the auction or find a connection. It will come if you wait.

Back