Bad Boy chainsaw

Treeaddict

Treehouser
The commercial mower producers are now getting into 2 cycle, it appears. Interesting.

Attachments

• IMG_9809.png
    IMG_9809.png
    3.5 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_9810.png
    IMG_9810.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_9811.png
    IMG_9811.png
    552.8 KB · Views: 11
Bold or foolish? Gas tools are slowly dying, and dominated by the big two, with an also ran by echo. Not sure how you make money. It's priced about the same as echo, and made in Japan by an old company, so it's probably quality, but what about parts? Too expensive for homeowners, and not well known by pros. Who are they selling to?

Bold or foolish? Gas tools are slowly dying, and dominated by the big two, with an also ran by echo. Not sure how you make money. It's priced about the same as echo, and made in Japan by an old company, so it's probably quality, but what about parts? Too expensive for homeowners, and not well known by pros. Who are they selling to?
Happy homeowners. The same folks that buy no drip paint rollers that are essentially a giant syringe.

$340. That's outside homeowner's price range for a 30cc saw. You can get an ms170 for $200

$340. That's outside homeowner's price range for a 30cc saw. You can get an ms170 for $200
See my earlier post re: the giant paint enema stick. People with more dollars than sense. What's the old saying, "There's one born every minute".

There's no accounting for stupid people, Brother John. That's where their accounting department saw dollars.

Someone who likes our mowers, or our white labeled compact tractors likely has use for a chainsaw. They bought our other, very expensive product, they bought our product because they don't hire such work out, that means they're likely to want to save money in other ways. Arborists and landscapers are expensive, let's brand a Japanese chainsaw with our stickers. We already got them to buy an Indian tractor with fancy stickers.

Echo makes very nice stuff. I'll fight about it. Screw Sthil's top handle saws...

On the same note Echo was considered landscaper use only back in the day.
How long ago was that? My first chainsaw was an Echo CS-440, back when Echo saws were grey, 20 years ago. It was a damn good saw, starting easier and running just as strong as any saw in its size class.

I don't think 'for landscapers' is pejorative. It's just what the market is. Landscapers can use good saws too. Ths 2511 is what really kicked them into the arborist market.

As far as I know, all echo saws were pro grade, but now they are trying to emphasize pro grade with a different look, and calling them X series.

Back