Anyone still using the APTA?

No pictures on this new computer, though I can take one tomorrow if it is needed.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Is your laser right at the end or closer to the middle? I guess if it was in the middle it would be between the v's in the cardboard and only make a half circle.

He had made a die out of a piece of pipe by sharpening one end. He then cut rounds out of firm, closed-cell foam packing material.
Push one of those down the barrel of your Apta then load your throw bag, and you get no blow-by and better distance per psi.

Pat, about how thick are those foam plugs? Have you personally used them? Thx

About 1.5” diameter and 1.125” to 1.25” thick. Made of 5 to 6 thinner pieces bonded together.
I don’t recall the exact story, but iirc he worked for a company that produced custom packaging solutions.
I have used them. Increased power with less blow-by, and they allow you to use a skinny little (like an 8 ounce) bag effectively.

B9F67E3A-3BA9-4CAC-BC81-80E236827752.jpeg 94195580-7B36-48C9-AED8-060AD33C61F1.jpeg CB66E25E-0406-4A6B-882E-F7F8D894767D.jpeg 96CFEE55-B612-41BF-809A-8EC1F55E53F8.jpeg

Interesting video. We're they being bombed from planes? Mortars from the ground just out of view? Land mines?

Tried the cardboard box trick. It worked but I was getting quite a bit of wiggle out of the limber sides. Set it on my 4 wheeler to go to the shop to cut out a couple of boards and saw the holes in my milk crate strapped to my rack. It slid in there just right. Two bungees to hold it to one side. Stepped off 75 ft from the bucket truck license plate. License plates are very reflective especially at night. Drove the 4 wheeler there. Rotated and adjusted until it stayed in the zero of one of my numbers. Thanks for all the advice everyone.

Attachments

• 20201221_181550.jpg
    20201221_181550.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 23
One thing that could be different about it is the position of the release handle. It closes right towards the valve stem. I've already mashed my finger twice. If it was tightened to the opposite side would be better for me. Maybe because I'm left handed I don't know.

I use my left hand on the release lever with my thumb on the valve. The butterfly valve should open with the lightest touch and in truth does not need to be fully open to get a good air blast.

I noticed how much the green dot moves when I open the valve while holding it like a gun. I started sitting it on the ground and it doesn't move near as much.

Nice. What is your preferred psi, anything under 150 depending on desired height?

Back