Anyone near Winston Salem?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Breaking news. The cat is alive and out of the tree. I don't know what happened. Just saw on Facebook a picture of the bugger and he is alive and down.

I was very surprised when you said the cat was dead. Cats rarely die in trees afaik

A cat can easily stay in a tree for 2-3 weeks, hot or cold. I've had at least 15 jumpers from 40'. The highest one for me was at the tip of a 140' fir, 13 days. It was full of fight and jumped before I could get my net out. Showed up 2 days later, not a scratch. It's usually the owner I have to worry about.

Two neighbor kids threw a cat out of a 40 foot high barn window when we were gone. The cat landed in a drum of cut off bale strings and was fine. They made the mistake of telling me thinking I would find it funny as well. I said they would go out the window if I ever heard of such nonsense again.

A cat can easily stay in a tree for 2-3 weeks, hot or cold. I've had at least 15 jumpers from 40'. The highest one for me was at the tip of a 140' fir, 13 days. It was full of fight and jumped before I could get my net out. Showed up 2 days later, not a scratch. It's usually the owner I have to worry about.

WOW!!!

Of course it had plenty of branches on the way down to break its fall. The owner and I both heard it hit the ground.

IMG_1509.jpg

I've had an owl watching a crying kitty once, at dusk. I ruined dinner.

There have been eagle nests with lots of cat collars. I imagine most/ all were swooped from open ground.

Chris, how is your warm-up/ cool-down, hydration and stretching, while waiting? Its not how much water goes in, its how much comes out. Are you getting any massage, even from wife and kids to help the muscles relax. Yoga?

I've been battling tight psoas muscles. My Massage Therapist said all tree climbers have them, basically. Quad stretches help psoas.
She said that tree climbers have different rope-like muscles. The Fight-or-Flight part of the nervous system being activated all day while working the muscles, and so much body-tension for work positioning, perhaps, she says.

My L shoulder was whacked out. The massaging was causing remote spasms in my pects and back/ traps maybe. Muscles too tight at first for her to really get in there. Second appointment, better. Its been weekly for about 6 weeks. A big improvement. Even out of pocket. $60 an hour is worth the relieve, and ability to work more and earn more money.

Tax deductible for self and employees, btw.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Got the story. The other night, they heard chaos with an owl up in the tree in the dark. Next day, no cat. They figured the cat became a meal. Fast forward, cat comes rolling home a day later.

So it was ok? I'm actually happy about that, weird! me worried about a cat halfway round the world, probably saw 4 this week squashed on the road.

Got the story. The other night, they heard chaos with an owl up in the tree in the dark. Next day, no cat. They figured the cat became a meal. Fast forward, cat comes rolling home a day later.
Cough up any feathers?

Sorry, not trying to seem insensitive, but is a cat dies up in a tree or becomes food for a predator whilst stuck up a tree, I call that natural selection.

Back