8.9 magnitude earthquake in Japan!

Whoa, talk about dumb it down!

Unbelievable! Andy may just be on to something.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/5sakN2hSVxA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ive been quiet on this topic. Nervous really. I cant imagine not feeling a sense of fear of things like this. Nuclear shit just isnt my style. I really think its too big of a sleeping dragon. Ya know what I mean? All is well and honkey dory when the monster is sleeping, but when it wakes, there's no stopping it. Thats how i see nuclear catastrophes.

I'm certainly not making light of the situation because it is grave .However I've not heard of the radiation levels this thing is at ,weather it's gamma, beta,whatever .

There is a certain dosage level per hour,per month and per life time that have been determined as the maximum a human body can withstand .Now weather these levels are being exceeded in this recovery operation I personally have not heard .

I'll Google it and see if I can find some info .

Oh Lawdy they changed the way they measure the damned stuff .From what I gather it's 10.7 Severts or something like that per hour .Evidently a Severt or whatever it's called is around 10 RAD .That's high !

Radiation absorbtion is all about distance and time .I wish them all the best of luck .

Severts, micro severts...being inundated with new vocabulary. They upped the levels that the reactor workers can legally be allowed to work within, some immediate amendment or else the place would have to be vacated. The fire department and national defense force people are also involved in the attempts to cool, rotating them in and out. Nobody is saying anything about what the effects will be for those people, just mention of gratitude.

Fortunately they have at last brought in an electrical hookup to power pumps and make some monitoring possible. Even so, they don't know to what degree the pumping systems or other important elements are operational after the explosions. Rerouting electrical systems and such, they have their hands full. Hopefully it will to some degree at least allow the beginning of a more reliable approach to getting things under control. They don't seem to know what the water situation is in the spent fuel rod pools, none in there, a little or a lot. Some guy on tv was saying from an aerial photo that "the little white thing" appears to be water. :roll:

Based on the quake safety systems having worked splendidly to begin with, this deal perhaps not be cause to see nuclear power in general in the death throws. It does call for not being dumb to all the possibilities that can happen. Hell, the experts there, all they had to do was look a hundred yards away to see one real big possibility.

Yes, I went to my shop yesterday, felt good to get back to some old ordinary. I listened to the radio for awhile, an endless calling out of names by relatives pleading that if the person they are looking for is alive, to please get in touch. Kind of morbid, I guess. My wife is hanging out a lot with her sister who comes over, they are alright, thanks.

Tongue in cheek, I think mostly above most children's ability to conceptualize. I dunno though, sometimes the radio plays children's music to help the kids who might be getting insecure from their parents freaking out. It can drive you crazy. Have to say though, the people who made the cartoon have been paying attention to the situation.

Wife wants me to get a rocking chair, says it was prescribed to Teddy Rosevelt for his back pain. If you get bored you can always start on something like that for me.
I can always rob a bank to pay for it.

I'd rather think about the 'Andy chair', different from anything I have done before. Thanks. How tall are you, and weight?

Actually, I think shipping would be a killer, and the exchange rate, even with the obligatory tree house large discount. Still, it might be workable. :)

Yeah, that is funny! :lol:!

To keep your mind off of it, I was 6' 1", now I am 6" even and 270, shooting for 240.

Back