2004 international/versalift

FWIW, Colorado has an air brake endorsement.....for CDL. OTOH, Under 26,000 doesn't require a CDL. Lots of people assume that Airbrakes require the CDL but the book doesn't read that way. I'd call it a loophole except the whole DL thing is a crock of poopoo-lots of administrative regulation with very little actual law.

If you read Massachusetts law and the state Constitution, our Registry of Motor Vehicles is not a legal entity.

Which is what makes them illegal.

According to our constitution, only the legislature can enact a body with those powers. The RMV was put in place by a governor.

I always felt like they were the Gestapo of MA. I got surrounded by a few at the Registry there ready to arrest me with that "I take my job tooooo seriously" look on all their faces... But that's.... another story......

Nobody at the RMV can arrest you. There are Staties there that certainly have the legal authority to mess up your non-compliant world.

Maybe that was it then, Staties at the RMV.... Just for the record it was mistaken identity when I went in to switch my CA to MA license.
The Staties I had delt with prior were much more understanding.

Correct, Mike; but they CAN levy huge fines and revoke your civil liberty of your "right to operate".

There used to be registry cops, then they got melded into the Staties. The registry cops around here ate nails for breakfast and kicked skunks just for fun. They were some mean sobs.

Back