2004 international/versalift

Ha! I'm envious of the truck but not the payment! I can't wait to get a newer truck. I really need a good chip truck first though:dur:

i got one for ya......medford craigslist...i'll let her go cheap, its a fixer upper,
some wiring, some welding and youre good to go:)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Lol, heh my internets has been real sucky here so I'm having a hardtime viewing the net. That and trying to get everything going here to get the truck on the road is keeping me busy.

Here's one pic of it back home anyways, safe and sound wiseguys:D. Hard for me to load pics right now, although I'm sure it's my interweb connection and not the Treehouse.

Oops correction I can't get my pic to load right now, sorry.

Thanks! I am so wanting to work this truck and get some coinage rolling. Probably going to be lucky to be going by the end of next week with the beaurocratic bs that I have to deal with in order to get it registered. It's already passed it's provincial chassis cert with flying colors, now I just need the federal guys to get me my inspection form for the one time only federal inspection that needs to be done for a freshly imported vehicle. Pita but it'll be worth it.

I am loving the airbrakes on it. Makes stopping a big truck like that way easier.

Lol, it's got a back-up alarm/noisemaker thing. And a am/fm radio. I'll probably just put a satellite radio in and roll like that. 8)

If I put a camera on it it'll be pointing at the boom, so I can make sure it's down.:|:

:lol:

I'm trying to finger the best set-up for loading the boxes. I won't have saws, gas and oil around rigging or climbing gear. Not sure exactly what to do yet?

The boxes that are not on the dump body are all joined together, not seperated inside at all. So I've thought of putting the saws in the boxes on the dump body but then they're gonna get tipped up everytime I dump? Might not really matter espescially if I line the bottoms with rubber?

Attachments

• GetAttachment4.jpg
    GetAttachment4.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 97
Line the saw boxes with plywood, not rubber. Trust me on this. Pack the saws to the back of the box so they won't slide from one end to the other when you dump. With the plywood liner you can easily nail or screw down little stops to hold the saws in place. And you can probably make a divider and put the gas in the tiny little lower box on the truck. Don't need to be tipping fuel.

why not put the saws in the pass through box and gear in the dump body box?

Saws won't fit in the pass through box very well. There'd be alot of wasted space. I've thought it would be nice to divide/isolate that little box but I don't have the ability to do it myself(cutting/fitting/welding) and I'm not spending anymore money right now. I hear ya Brian on using the plywood for the saws, makes alot more sense and that's how my old truck was. I'll get it sorted.8)

A piece of plywood or scrap metal sheet and hacksaw and a few self drilling sheet metal screws will give you a divider in about 5 minutes.

those boxes look the same as mine.......weird, the saws wont fit.

They don't fit on any of those shelves, honest. A 200t would fit in the middle shelf but that's about it. Arbortech body.

I've got it mostly sorted now. I think my fuel/oil will be fine in with the saws on the dump box. I'm going to put them in a milk crate to help protect them.

Thanks again Dave. The truck is definetly kick ass, although that pistol grip boom takes a bit to get used to.:|:

Looks like today or tomorrow I'll receive my final inspection form and will finally be rolling again.8)

You will quickly come to love the pistol grip. One hand action all the time, no need to play three different levers. I haven't run a bucket with levers in years.

Are you saying that you haven't even been able to sneak the truck out to do a single job yet? It's not like they can see the tag anyway, with the chipper attached.

Tag is on the front here and I could run my old plates, but I wouldn't be insured. One more misfortune and I would/could be in serious financial trouble. If I had a at fault accident and injured someone I'd lose everything I've ever worked for for certain.

Trust me I've considered it, I've got about a months worth of work backed up and I'm getting worried about losing some of it. But I just can't take the risk.

Back