The Official Work Pictures Thread

And what is the capacity of the KB without the saw? I mean like a stick crane might be a 30t with 100' boom. Are Kb's described like that?

Quarter plus is reasonable. Mine will be in the low 300s when it's all said and done.

Different booms lift different amounts. Mine can lift 1300lbs at an 85' radius. I am already thinking about the feasibility of a much larger boom (2460lbs at 118'), although my finances aren't interested at this point. Its cost is roughly double my current truck.

Pennies? Up here we don't even have pennies anymore, next in the sights is nickels.

You best save dolla dolla bills y'all , if you're going to keep up,with Carl. :D

Hahaha I have been fortunate for sure. Stock trading Dec-Feb is what made getting the Mek possible. I tried back in November but couldn't get the payments where I wanted ($4750 vs a $4k target). Fast forward 4 months and my payment ended up being a good bit below my target, including insurance.

Financially my plate is full right now, not terribly uncomfortable, but I'm not wanting any other big payments at the moment. The tractor payment (bought in December) is only $700 less than the crane payment!

If/when there's a storm "near by", the Mek should make a bloody killing, and rightfully so/easy to justify to the insurance company. After that, or I get my money back right and reduce some overhead payments... I may look into a bigger Mek to compliment or replace this one. If it's going to compliment it, I need to hire an employee first that is competent to run a Mek. Also, I should upgrade the grapple truck before the Mek, but comparatively that's a fairly small expense.

ETA: All this talk and then I remember I still have a considerable amount to spend on the current Mek adding axle(s) and support equipment! Such is life, the list never ends!

If stock trading did that, why bother with tree work?

What does your grapple truck need?

Thanks, guys. It's fun looking back and seeing progress, remember when I was looking forward I didn't see the way. Now I still don't see the way, but I expect it'll work itself out and I can focus on other things.

Diversification of investment to lower my risk profile. I've been doing tree work 14 years, it's more proven than stock trading. However, if I wouldn't have bought the crane on March 7th, I would have made a considerable amount more than I did doing tree work in the same time. When we have a storm, all bets are off.

Makes sense.

But its always nice to have a way to make $ 'when you're asleep' via trading/investing.

I can still do both, this month has been powerfully slow trading profit wise (been stuck in a position), but I've still booked 1/3 of my monthly overhead in profit with nearly that much in unrealized profit.

Sorry, I forgot to answer your grapple truck question. Basically I like nice, shiny equipment, and I don't like working on things to make them that way. I want to paint the cab white, clean up the exterior trim, repaint the box, and most likely replace the loader. Nothing serviceability wise wrong with the truck, but it's not in keeping with the rest of my equipment... ugly duckling. Yes, I know that doesn't matter, it still works, but it matters to me. If I get that done, I'll be parking it inside with the crane (crane parking costs me $25/month, neither will fit in my shop height wise).

I don't follow on the trading? I agree about shiny stuff! I want stuff that I'm proud of and don't have to worry about.

Back