The Official Work Pictures Thread

I have a number of shares who's price is different than my cost of those shares. That's an unrealized profit or loss, depending which way the numbers go.

Ok got it. Gain or loss will be determined at time of sale.

I'm scheming up a plan to own one Carl. As we've discussed before, I know nothing of stocks. But my boss seems to be really good at pissing me off lately and I seem to be approaching the age where guys go on there own. I'm watching videos and rolling up on jobs thinking to myself " why am I working so hard?"

What do mean by official? I have insurance and pay taxes on it. No workers comp since we are co owners and it's not required for us in Ohio

No matter what you do in Ohio you have to have workers comp if any income is gained. 2016 I paid a $8,000 fine to unlock my bank account for getting busted not having it on me while owning a tree service. I got audited by WC over a friggin' trailer that sells ice-cream literally 4 days a year and brings in about $80.00 net per year. They locked up everything in our LLC until it got sorted. I was able to prove my 1099 guys had WC but i didn't have it for me and got hit with the fine. Right now I'm fighting them over paying landscaper rates for two guys that cut grass for me, because I pay tree service rates for the other two guys. Never mind that they get pay stubs from different companies, because I own both and we are a small company the two 50 year old retired guys obviously cross over and climb trees a few days a week. Apparently because I direct deposit out of the same trust account they are one and the same, and WC rates have to be paid at the highest rate for any work an employee may ever do.

Would also like to add they put a $12,000 lean on my account right off the bat instead of calling me. Even though I pay them every month that was how they let me know there was an issue.

Cory....don't feel alone...I did not cipher Carl's stock jargon either. A lot of financial fineries make my eyes cross.

Keep on, Carl!!! Cool to see all this progress.

Yes, Rich, that's what I meant, official. I thought so.

Sounds like you have ducks in a row to jump, and are working like mad because you haven't. In areas where the tree mek works, it's looking unbeatable, in the long term.

I can't tell how they would work in my market.

Nothing tree related but I little project I've been tinkering on for a week. A set of miniature rotary kilns for a lab that formulates pigments for shingle grit.

IMG_0690.jpg

Interesting

Corey I need to look into it again. I know WC laws change a lot. In the late 90's it was not required and I really haven't kept up. You can be assured that I will be finding out as if I go on my own I will need at least one full time employee.

Just don't take it personal when you talk to them. The Columbus office certainly has a vibe that they don't think it's fair that they have to let you keep any money. When I called them they even used tree work as an example of the highest rate. I think it's the biggest scam going against tree guys in Ohio.

But don't let it stop you from stepping off into doing your own thing. Still absolutely worth it most of the time I think.

It's just work, I get more enjoyment out of doing something out of my comfort zone that doesn't even make me money. But thanks.

Nice work Bob!

Here is a little black oak top pick we took. Tree was dead, rotten, hallow and bad root issues. Crane got me into the tree to rig it. Two picks. Had to use a ratchet strap to bind a limb that was cracked to keep it from failing during the pick.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Pj0AEGGehE8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Back