Official Random Fact/Random Thought Thread!

Reasonable approach. It all seems weird to me, but I don't really like talking to people. In any case, I don't see how it can not be a major complication in your life. Nothing about that would be easy, and you've got to concentrate on getting back north before you crisp up.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Reasonable approach. It all seems weird to me, but I don't really like talking to people. In any case, I don't see how it can not be a major complication in your life. Nothing about that would be easy, and you've got to concentrate on getting back north before you crisp up.
Okay, Dad! I will! =-P

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Random Fact:

Who FIRST created and developed, then put to market the frozen food concept?

Clarence Birdseye (1886-1956) is credited with inventing the quick freezing method in 1924, which produces the type of frozen foods that we know today.

1713886580182.jpeg

Birdseye, an American inventor, entrepreneur, and naturalist, is considered the founder of the modern frozen food industry. In 1912 Birdseye went to Labrador, where he took up work as a fur trader; he continued this work intermittently until 1917. In Labrador, people often froze food in the winter because of the difficulty of obtaining fresh food; this solution to their problem spurred Birdseye’s imagination.

His summary biography and details about his discoveries regarding frozen foods and refrigeration can be found in the link below (you could also find it on Wikipedia, I'm sure; I try not to use them whenever possible). This guy is UNDERRATED.

Last edited:
Back