The official "Welcome New Members" thread!

Hi I'm a new member, havent fully figured out how to use the site yet but I started working for a tree company about seven months ago and I like it. My friend told me to sign up to this forum 'cause its a good resource for climbers/arborists. Also I just got an 088 and I want to use it for an alaskan mill. Anybody got good design ideas/links to home made mills I could check out?

Welcome to the Treehouse. We have a milling thread here. A home made mill would be cool , but if you plan on using an 088, I suspect that you will sometimes be getting into some big wood, therefore need a mill that can handle larger diameter logs. Lightness and rigidity would be a concern. Any Alaskan type mill that you want to make yourself, could probably be well based upon the good commercially made ones that are or were on the market.

https://www.masterblasterhome.com/showthread.php?10040-milling-thread&highlight=milling

Welcome to the 'House, Durand! It's a bit more laid back here than at AS! A lot more personable and self moderated!
And I just noticed another old friend found us, welcome Jacob J!

Welcome bowleggedgoat,
take a look around and make yourself at home, it's a very friendly place and a great place to learn "stuff".
My name is Randy. :)

Casey from Green Bay, Some of you may know me from treebuzz. 2nd gen arborist, Associates and Bachelors in Urban Forestry, MSTC and UWSP, love climbing.

Back