The official "Welcome New Members" thread!

Welcome Durand. My name is Randy. :)
A great group of people here, friendly and very willing to answer just about any questions you might have.
They have a great depth and wide range of knowledge and experience to learn from.
Look forward to "hearing" more about you.

Hey Durand welcome, what kind if underground utility work do you do? I'm Joe

Welcome! I am Rajan.

Hey Durand welcome, what kind if underground utility work do you do? I'm Joe

Thanks men!

We mainly do water and sewer main line installation, some natural gas but not much, never done any telecom work. We also run 2 vertical rock drills and do rock excavation and explosive's. We also do small diameter Horizontal direction boring. My dad owns the company , I've worked for him since I was out of high school full time, but been around this stuff since I was a little kid. I run the utility part, Dad does the explosive part, and my little brother helps him and does part time office work and what ever else non labor bearing needs to be done lol.

Our site is just up and still under construction, but here it is if ya wanna check it out. http://marvinsledgeconstruction.com/home.html

Yup! The local newspaper done that! Small town, big commotion when ya come through middle of town laying a 12'' Ductile main in the center of the road and they had to do an article. I even spelled it out for the guy, and they still got it wrong!

I used to work with a guy for years calling him Dale. Eventually, he told me his name was Dell. Another guy - for 30 years we all called him Janell. Come to find out it was really Gene Nell. Ha.

I used to work with a guy for years calling him Dale. Eventually, he told me his name was Dell. Another guy - for 30 years we all called him Janell. Come to find out it was really Gene Nell. Ha.

HAha, I'm used to answering to anything that starts with a D and sounds close to my name. A lot of people mistaken it for ''Grand'' at first. I've also been ''Juran'' more than a time or 2 lol.

I've though about changing it to something easy like ''Bob''. haha

Nice looking website, I worked in that field the last 3 years we did gas only.

Is this you?

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/8FDD1dSq1yE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Back