The official "Welcome New Members" thread!

Randy, I have some trees to climb next to my shop, both conifers and deciduous. I'll give a good deal, so let's trade! Might even throw in free hot coffee....

Hey Jim, my name is Lonnie. I live near bozeman. I used to do fire and now i am an arborist here. If you ever want to get together let me know, it is great to have more folks from Montana here!

Hey Jim, my name is Lonnie. I live near bozeman. I used to do fire and now i am an arborist here. If you ever want to get together let me know, it is great to have more folks from Montana here!

Thanks Lonnie! I have enjoyed myself very much in my short time here. I am starting to see why people get into this arborist stuff, although at 6'3" and 335 pounds I might not be climbing material! I do however find the technical aspect of arborist work fascinating.

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. It took a couple of years on some other forums for the members to even acknowledge my existence.

Geeze, I have been surprised to see how many people have joined the Tree House after I did. Yet very few of them have posted. I can assure you newer guys, the men and women here are quite a bunch. I have not found a friendlier or more knowledgeable group on the net!

I joined to learn and I have learned TONS from the people here, I'll be stickin' around 'cause I's gots TONS more to learn. :|:
Friendly group for sure, and also patient. They've put up with me for the past year..... ;)

This place is about the most awesome thing I've done in my life. I sure hope it will keep on going, say I drop dead tomorrow. Steve Bullman will be in charge until the domain name runs out, but I don't know what will happen after that.

:(

Geeze, I have been surprised to see how many people have joined the Tree House after I did. Yet very few of them have posted. I can assure you newer guys, the men and women here are quite a bunch. I have not found a friendlier or more knowledgeable group on the net!

I port saws for a lot of ArboristSite members. I can't tell you how many members with zero post counts have contacted me about port work. When I ask why they've never posted, they say that they just join to read up on certain things, and feel that they have nothing to contribute.

I'm out of my element here. I'm an engine builder.

But I've always wanted to learn to climb.........well today I managed to footlock my fat ass about 20' up a rope. :)

Drinking the Koolaid indeed. :lol:

This place is about the most awesome thing I've done in my life. I sure hope it will keep on going, say I drop dead tomorrow. Steve Bullman will be in charge until the domain name runs out, but I don't know what will happen after that.

:(

Domain name runs out??? What does that mean? :?

I port saws for a lot of ArboristSite members. I can't tell you how many members with zero post counts have contacted me about port work. When I ask why they've never posted, they say that they just join to read up on certain things, and feel that they have nothing to contribute.

I'm out of my element here. I'm an engine builder.

But I've always wanted to learn to climb.........well today I managed to footlock my fat ass about 20' up a rope. :)

Drinking the Koolaid indeed. :lol:

You're traveling through another dimension, a dimension not only of sight and sound but of mind.
A journey into a wondrous land whose boundaries are that of imagination.
There's a signpost up ahead: your next stop: the Climber's Zone.....

Congratulations! :thumbup::D

Randy

Domain name is the web address that's registered and paid for.

Congrats on learning to climb, it's an addiction! There are a lot of good videos on here that you can watch other guys work and pick up tips and tricks from including Randy's videos. I'll be ordering a hitch hiker and learning srt now cause he makes it look so easy!

Domain name is the web address that's registered and paid for.

Kinda like renting the web address..... ? :? Weird. :|:

Congrats on learning to climb, it's an addiction! There are a lot of good videos on here that you can watch other guys work and pick up tips and tricks from including Randy's videos. I'll be ordering a hitch hiker and learning srt now cause he makes it look so easy!

Thanks, and I do appreciate that but, pretty much all the guys(and gals)here that are climbing are far better. They would be a better example to watch for sure. ;)

Hello men. I'm just a firewood hack from Tennessee. Been wrenching on saws for a few years. I was recommended this site to learn a little about climbing, I think I wanna try it. Looking forward to learning about tree work. Later.

Back