Oregon chain compared to others

Oh on another note. I did find 15' of new 76LG chain and about 25 new presets.

Well another mother load of Oregon 76LG chain and 76 presets tie straps arrived today. :thumbup::big-rolling::big-dance2:

CopyofOregon76004.jpg

Life's been good to me right now Skwerl. Getting that 33LG from you, 76LG and tons of 72LG. Just feels like Christmas over and over.

What cuts better for work saws, 76LG or 72LG. I've been using 72Lg and 72LGX for ever. Thinking about switching to Stihl chain though.

72LG cuts the best. But put 72LG cutters on a 76LG chassis and you have the fastest chain. [a old racing secret]

Willard.

I run both stihl and husky saws,like both,huskys have more rpms,stihl has more low end torque.I run stihl chain on both,oregon chain seems to be for cheapo walmart and lowes saws imo.

Having run Oregon chain for 30+ years, I get a little tired of those remarks.

sorry,I'm not here to step on anyone's toes or start a pissing contest,just giving my opinion.Down here in Florida,we have sand in and on almost everything we cut,in my experience Oregon chain doesn't seem to last as long.Just my experiences with them is all.

Have any of you ran the 3/8 LGX oregon that has the blue tinted cutters for any extend time yet? Seems to be on par with the 3/8 RSC stihl stuff in my little uses.

Have any of you ran the 3/8 LGX oregon that has the blue tinted cutters for any extend time yet? Seems to be on par with the 3/8 RSC stihl stuff in my little uses.

That's what I'm using now. Can't say that I notice a difference from the LG. Haven't tried RSC yet.

How do you guys like this chain ?

Thanks Brian and Butch for showing Stig how to post a link like that. I didn't know how to do that either.:thumbup:

I use RSC and cant tell much difference from RS or RSK. They say comfort for the C part. But I didnt have any issues with the RS. :? Good chain, but very pricey by the loop.

The new RS=Klassic from what I remember. Could be totally wrong.

From stihl site.

OILOMATIC® STIHL RAPID™ Super Klassic (RSK)

This chain is particularly suitable for felling and bucking big timber with long guide bars (over 28" and longer).

Its special cutter geometry provides excellent control characteristics and very good chip flow, which help enhance cutting efficiency.

I use RSC and cant tell much difference from RS or RSK. They say comfort for the C part. But I didnt have any issues with the RS. :? Good chain, but very pricey by the loop.
Actually Stihl copied the "comfort" from Oregon's "anti vibe" about 7 yrs back. The heel of the cutters are a little lower then the toe making smoother cutting action. I can't tell any difference either.
"K" means Klassic [no safety bumps or links]

Willard.

The biggest issue I have with Stihl chains ( apart from the price!) is that they don't bore very well once they have been sharpened about 1/3 way down. For those of you that don't bore cut much, that is not an issue, but it really is to me.

Anders was complaining about the same thing last week, when he used a Stihl chain that had been hanging around for a while.

Am I the only one here who has noticed that?

You have to file down the rakers a bit more aggressively as you file closer to the back of the tooth. I don't bore cut as much as you but it works fine for me. I don't use a guide either, I just file them down based on how the saw is cutting. If the tooth is sharp but not pulling a big enough chip then I hit the rakers.

Me to,i'm pretty good at freehanding chains,either rakers or cutters.

Anyone have a source for RSC by the loop? I know it's pricey, but it's worth the extra money if it last longer and doesn't need to be filed as often.

I'll PM you the guy I used to get loops from, about half of what the dealers wanted. If he is still selling.

What am I asking for RSC 3/8 050 or 063 and drive link count?

I'll check.

Kevin here is the pictures of my race bars for you
2 nd photo is comparision of race bar to standard bar.

Willard.

Very cool to see, Thanks for posting.

I seen the milled thin bars at Webster, so I new they were out there.

Back