Oregon chain compared to others

Got a screaming deal on some Oregon chain so I picked it up. Can anyone tell me what I got here? Die hard Stihl guy but the price got me.. If nothing else this will be a good bump

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1420342131863.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1420342131863.jpg
    238.6 KB · Views: 26
Willie...you got a bunch of Oregon chain :).

Really, it'll cut fine, wear a bit faster than Stihl, but if the price was right, I'd run it in a heartbeat. Me, I'm a 50 gauge guy, but if that matches your bars, go for it. As to anything else, I'm clueless.

Yep, that is what I figured as well. Just wondered what all the numbers were and google didn't really help. Figured Holmen may have some insight.
Bought my father in law a roll of .050 for his 361, told him he won't have to sharpen chains anymore. :eyeslam:

Willie, well you have a 100' roll of .325 chisel full skip .063 chain. A 100' roll of 3/8-.063 square ground chisel semi skip. Lastly two 100' rolls of 3/8- .063 square ground chisel full skip.[the X model being the Duro Pro style]
Really nice haul you have there.

Thank ya sir, never actually even looked to see if it was full or semi. Just remembered this thread from waaaay back and wondered if I had anything unusual. Other than smelling like cat piss it should work out well for the crew!

Knows this stuff like the back of his hand and speaks in a way I can understand!

That definitely is PNW chain especially in semi/ full skip, square ground and .063 strength for longer bars. Madsens sells miles of that chain.

Here's what I could find,

75CJX100U - DURA PRO(TM) CHISEL CHAIN 3/8" http://gilbertmowerparts.com/75cjx100u-dura-protm-chisel-chain-p-631.html

75CKX100U - DURA PRO(TM) CHISEL CHAIN 3/8" http://gilbertmowerparts.com/75ckx100u-dura-protm-chisel-chain-p-636.html

I found a price on the 22jp, but nothing else! http://www.sourceapart.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=715406
Sorry, not much help here.
Yes I forgot to mention the "newer X Duro Pro" model , which was discontinued a few years ago. What Duro means is a heavier built like Stihl chain are, but with a slightly wider kerf.
So Willie you ended up with a chain close to Stihl:)

I gave $200 for all that and went back and gave $150 for my F.I.L's roll, I knew the price was fine. Still got a half roll of 36RSLF on tap too

I gave $200 for all that and went back and gave $150 for my F.I.L's roll, I knew the price was fine. Still got a half roll of 36RSLF on tap too

Well good then, you can spin me up a couple of the skip in 105dl loops:lol:

That's a good deal alright, but I heard a lot of pro timber fallers didn't like the wide cutting Duro Pro X chain.... reason why Oregon discontinued it in the 3/8 pitch.

Yep makes a wider kerf. Oregon chain users who make a living by piecework were not willing to accept a slower cutting chain.

I see. Unlike Magnus, I don't worry about milliseconds in the cut. Efficiency of movement more than makes that up imo.

I agree, a wasted step is lost production when cutting.
The intention Oregon had when designing the wide kerf Duro Pro X chain was it's use in fiberous timber like redwood, cedar and hemlock. That was the market they were hoping to get.

Sure, makes sense. Not sure when I'll break into this chain but I'll try to report back

It's a more durable chain then the non Duro chain, less stretching is the main feature it has plus better chip removal in big soft wood timber.
Don't confuse the round filed 72-73-75 LGX/LPX and JGX chisel chain being Duro Pro as they are not.

Back