Ever trade work for saws?

Just never know what that lowly homeowner could have stashed away in the corner. You guys talk like we are all dumb or something. :|:

About half of them when this pic was taken of only 2 shelving units.

PP5054152083001.jpg

Dropped 2 small elms a few years back for a Stihl 029. Saw was close to new and I still use it. About 30 minutes work.

I suppose in the true sense I'd be classified as a "homeowner " I like to fool with people .When Asplundh was doing some line clearance I showed the crew foreman my shed .He about chit himself .:lol:

I suppose in the true sense I'd be classified as a "homeowner " I like to fool with people .When Asplundh was doing some line clearance I showed the crew foreman my shed .He about chit himself .:lol:

I thought of you when making my post too. 2 lowly homeowners about a hour apart.

Well at least us homeowners types can split our saws apart and rebuild them. :lol:;)

Yeah I guess we're just a couple of gear heads that occasionally use a saw ,usually a fast one that didn't start out that way from the factory .

A couple of years ago I worked for a guy who had a mint 020t as his garden saw. (The one where you could remove the baffles with an Allen key)
I made him a few offers but he loved it and wouldn't part.

I bought a nice 460 from a guy in town that broke his back and could no longer start it. It had .404 carbide chain on it at the time. Only time I can think of a city homeowner had a saw I wanted

Running this through my mind. I can think of homeowners around me with 440 372 066 660 084 550 545 346 5000 550 046 394 2100 036 272 268 353 etc for a short list.

Jeez struck a cord with you eh? I'm certain homeowners all around me own all sorts of saws, this is BC Canada. In a decade of residential treework under my own banner I have been offered a few different saws in trade for work, nothing I ever took anyone up on.

So to me it would appear that the likelihood of a homeowner walking up with a mint 46 and asking if I'd like to take it as payment or part payment seems unlikely. I was not trying to imply that no homeowner has one.

@ squisher. No at all, no cord struck with me. Got to remember I get homeowner firewood cutters saws in for repairs. So I see a few that surprise even me.

not a work trade but, i got my 044 of a homeowner some years ago. he bought it to fell spruce in the alps for his violins and quickly realized it would be cheaper to pay a sawyer than schlep the saw back and forth. after 3years on the shelf it fired on the third pull.

I traded a day of pruning for some piglets. I picked up the last piglet on the evening I finished the work. I had him in a cat carrier, in my car. He got loose in the car, big time. I pinned him on the dashboard and somehow pulled over and got him back in the cat carrier. Luckily I had my climbing gear in the back seat and I closed the thing up with about 10,000 kn worth of biners. :D

Back