Avant Wheel Loaders

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Here's my first video with the Avant Grapple Shear!

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/gdJKYLn0xZU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That looks pretty handy. You make that thing look even tinier than it is.:lol: I really like telescopic booms, for a number of reasons, and your extraction technique is one of them.

A friend of mine just bought a new to him loader with a telescopic boom. A bit bigger than an Avant:

20150102_131630.jpg

Grapple saw allegedly should be here end of the month.

Yeah, Dave! That's a bit bigger!

Used the 420 on a job today with the shear. My first time using the Bagster as well.

Both impress me!

image.jpg
image.jpg

Nice topping job along the fence
That little Avant is amazing - good video. love the telescopic push out of the mud too.
can you video how you fold the shear over, so you can just use the grapple

Dave looks like about 15000 lbs of Iron, it could pick up the 2200 pound baby Avant no problemo (well maybe not with Carl on it)

The Pettibone weighs 34,000 empty. It has a military capacity of 10,000 pounds. It will probably lift twice that. We figure the military put a 10k rating on it so they could send an inexperienced operator off roading with that much weight and he wouldn't turtle it. I can find very little info on this machine. I did see a YouTube of a 6k Pettibone, and they picked up a 7,500 pound genset and boomed all the way out and drove around with it and it wasn't even tipping.

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/8oTCAjmJdbk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Carl I would like to start a conversation with you about equipment purchases. Would like to buy about three or four things over the next years that all compliment one another and will make me money well into the future. Wheel or tracked will be one question for me to get clear on as well as many others.

Your passion for equip and resulting knowledge as well as many other commendable traits make you obviously the best choice to help me out. What would be the best way for you to proceed?

Yeah the hoses will likely require some attention, Stephen.

Call or text me at 662-251-8686 any time. Right now I'm in Birmingham at a cheer comp... Can't really talk right now (deafening in here), but I can text!

I can see a real niche for that on some thinning jobs we have done in the past..
Still need the bigger chipper first... Have to have something eat the material..
I like how it seems to manage the weight of the tree like a harvester. Did not look like you were even pushing it's lifting/handling cap.

The stumps in post 80 were pretty heavy, but that was two stumps and trunks... Still lifted them to full height

That grapple is handy, but I would certainly suggest having a BMG as well.

This is the 420, the 419 has a gas engine and is a around $3k cheaper! ;) Personally, I'm sticking with the diesel models, but I know a couple Tree Houser's prefer gas engines.

ALAPing a stump and carrying the chunks to the trailer. Need pallet forks!
<iframe width="853" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/43UUXgrPLAI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Dragging some trees:
<iframe width="853" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/AS05LgY4Exk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Haha it's wet as hell out there and I don't want piles of chips everywhere! Also, there was about as much already over there as there was in the video.

The Avant feeding the chipper video is here:
<iframe width="853" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/UYODf0JaEGc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/qVi03oOsBkE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Back