Avant Wheel Loaders

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Boom twisting, eh? Granted it's not my picture, but I watched the video.

Messages Image(1045008699).jpg

Your machine is a MultiOne. They're back in America, and I even talked to them about carrying their products, but after the debacle with Boxer/Multione, their offer was far from compelling. Avant has been excellent to deal with over the past couple years, and they have developed a strong, direct presence in the US. Long way of saying I trust Avant more than MultiOne... we've been burned before.

I don't know much about the current multione line up, my machine is identical to the equivalent age model of avant. In fact some parts under the skin are green, such as the hydraulic drive motors.

I'm sure avant have done their research on the single piece boom, just doesn't look right to me.

Columbus, MS, not even 70 miles away! TreeSmith is 25 miles from here across the state line.

Hey that's cool. I didn't know. I do work in Columbus from time to time. I climb for a couple of companies out of Starkville every now and then.

We will have to meet up some time and play with the toys... er equipment!

Yeah, I would like that. I would love to see one of those mini loaders in action. The only piece of equipment I've ever used is my Bobcat T-180. There are several jobs where access is limited for the bobcat and I have to result to the old manpower and wheel barrel.

I'm unaware of any relations between MultiOne and Avant (Italy and Finland), but that CSF on your machine is the name of MutliOne.

http://www.multione-csf.com/en/157-Our-history-Company.html

I do know the Gehl AL20 was an Avant made machine.

Avant paid CSF to design and build a range of mini loaders, the two companies fell out and there followed a lengthy lawsuit. CSF won, and continued to build the machines under their own brand, Multione. Avant were forced to design a completely new range of machines as they didn't actually own the rights to the designs. All ancient history now really as both manufacturers have replaced that range of machines, but some older CSF machines such as mine are identical to some Avant machines, in fact they were built in the same factory. At the point of changeover CSF still had Avant green parts in the bin to use up, so if you strip down an early multione you'll often find Avant green parts underneath.

I keep saying to Rob, an articulated loader is coming up in the future. The Avant looks to fill the bill. I would have to double up the wheels like the Gehl did though. How does that work on these Carl?

Why would you double the wheels up?

A gas 419 is $2-3k less than the 420, going from memory.

I will be hauling a load to Tuscan in the next 6 weeks or so.... Cheaper shipping! ;)

I've been following these little machines since Dave introduced them to the arb world years back. I like the looks of the canopy for the overhead protection. Maybe a little side and rear screen guards may offer some other safety benifits.
Looks like a real nice workhorse in a small package.
From looking at the "saw scabboard" photo the bar/chain looks vulnerable to getting bent up on the bmg or bouncing right out. Chain sharpness against steel may be compromised also.
I think a location on the machine nearer to the operator would be a better place to store the saw.

Couldn't hurt to have your worst ground saw there. Don't we all have a saw we don't much care for?

That's me, Stephen. I'm headed to the Terex factory mid January, then a chipper should be headed to Tuscan a couple weeks after that. Personally I would prefer diesel, but Cali might would change that if their emissions are going to get wonkier. I could likely haul a 419/420 back for you in January then haul it over in February or so with the chipper.

The scabbard prevents the chain from touching metal, that's a non issue. The scabbard is for transporting the saw, not for storing the saw while running the grapple. It's ~3/4 mile round trip from my property to my folks and back. The saw rode just fine and I was happy to not have to hold it with my left hand for the trip! You can bolt the scabbard wherever you choose, but the grapple is a logical place to me, it's the same on every machine across the spectrum vs designing a custom solution for every machine.

Not yet Carl. I have a chipper to buy first.. Soon as I get a couple payments gone........ Should be able to put about 15k to work for me I am hoping. There are some other factors at play. I may have to stay real small for a while longer which would stall my progress somewhat...

I have to say Avant seem to have the sales/marketing/after sales/service/dealer network side of things much better organised than CSF.

MultiOne/CSF left several of our customers hanging for parts after their deal with Boxer fell through and they wohldnt sell parts directly.

My company and the type of work we do doesn't justify buying a mini.
However, I regularly hire an Avant 420 and it is awesome. The lifting, manoeuvrability and ground speed are total winners. Even on soft ground it causes very little damage, if driven correctly.
If I needed to buy a mini, it would be an Avant.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419938160.781707.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419938206.457075.jpg

Back