Avant 528 compact articulating loader NOT MINE!

SkwerI

Treehouser
This was posted in my Facebook Avant group today. This is a screaming deal on a virtually new Avant 528. I paid $43,900 plus taxes and attachments for my 2021. This 2022 has 26 hours and a $3500 demo grapple bucket.

For more specs on the Avant 528 here is the Avant specs page. AVANT 528 - https://www.avanttecno.com/us/machines/500-series/avant-528

If you can't see the link, it is located in central PA and he is asking $41K. 2022 Avant 528 with 26 hours. He ran out of work and is liquidating his assets. His name is Terri Argenbright and his phone number is 505 604 6045.

421684073_1450598432473984_4628963397725818476_n.jpg

Nice machine. That does seem like a great deal, Brian!

Prices on machinery of any type seem awfully dear to an old guy like me. But then again, prices to hire a machine are also dear. For the right person, there is money to be made.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
On mine I got 4 years financing at 0% using a manufacturer's promotion deal. After down payment I financed about $45K, which is about $938 per month. That's about 2 days of work for me using the loader as a subcontractor. Anything after that is gravy. Same if you have a tree business. If you use it 2 days per month it pays for itself. Anything after that it is making you money.

A review of some of the different loaders from YouTube.

Bit unfair on the Vermeer imo, and is coming at it from a builder landscaper perspective, but worth a look if you’re an owner or thinking of being one.
One astonishing claim is that Avant has 50% of the market in the US, which is quite an achievement.

It is until you learn they are still very rare here, used pretty much exclusively by landscapers. I've never seen one on a construction site, plenty of big ones if the job is big enough but never a mini one, they use skid steers or backhoes instead. Material handling is often done with a telehandler, and the smaller ones of those have penetrated the construction market here a bit. They're a cool machine, pretty much ideal for trees, but they simply haven't worked their way into construction, where most of the equipment here in the states is used. The mini skids however are ubiquitous, likely because they awarded them to the laborers and not the operators, so with them smaller backfilling, spreading, and grading can be done without the cost of an operator. Most contractors still run a full size machine with an operator though because it's so much faster. Thats also why the minis have gotten so much bigger, the closer the mini is functionally to a full size skid the more desirable it is to the contractors.

I've never seen an Avant in the wild. I don't pay super close attention to what the landscapers/tree guys use, but they definitely aren't on big sites.

Yeah, no avants round here, in fact I've never seen one in the wild either. Most tree companies on the mountian, drag everything by hand. Chipper and a bucket/forestry truck. Matter of fact, most tree companies don't even have a climber, just a bucket.

Back