What's the weather like in your neck of the woods?

• Thread starter Rborist1
  • Start date
  • Replies 8K
  • Views 483K
Cold and frosty...looking the part of what I think of as traditional winter. Around Olympia, we don't freeze for long. Then, back to the regular programming, good chance of showers/ rain.

Just in the last three days has the temp dropped low enough to run the woodstove .Slightly below 30 degrees F. The grass although dormant is still green .So far this winter three little skiffs of snow, less than 1/2" which is gone in half an hour .Seems funny because in many past occasions we would be ass deep to a tall Indian in snow this time of the year .

Blimey o'Reilly -20! Mild and damp here. I've said it before, but the fact that we can work all year round albeit sometimes a bit wet is a big plus.

Here, too.

No snow to plow around here. In the US, that seems to be a very common seasonally-complementary service to tree work.

It was 95 here on New Years Eve...today we woke up to 54...at least the heat doesn't stay!

PS, it's supposed to be summer in Tasmania

Here, too.

No snow to plow around here. In the US, that seems to be a very common seasonally-complementary service to tree work.

Plowing is one of those things that you can't really bank on but so far this is a banner season for plowing around these parts.

Still been -10 to -20c continuously since I last posted. It's supposed to warm up to near freezing in the next day or two I think. That's more the norm around here.

After finally getting some winter and good logging weather with frost and snow, we are in for a warm spell again.
Today it is foggy and the snow is melting.
It'll be real soggy in a couple of days.

Attachments

• P1030989.JPG
    P1030989.JPG
    157.5 KB · Views: 36
  • P1030988.JPG
    P1030988.JPG
    146 KB · Views: 38
  • P1040007.JPG
    P1040007.JPG
    140.5 KB · Views: 38
Freiberger/ French montagnard
Combination breed, used for pulling wagons and riding, which is what we use her for.
I like riding a big horse, since I'm 6'+, small horses make me feel like my feet are dragging.
Also she intimidates the mountain bikers, which is a good thing.

A fine looking animal. I hope to one day have a sleigh/carriage setup. I have one horse that's broke to drive but it's been along time since he's done it. lol mountain bikers. I will admit I get a bit of pleasure out of seeing them get all worked up about a horse on the trail when I go riding in the local parks.

Thing is, we have one of the best mountain bike trails in the country right here in the state forest where I live.
We also have a real fine riding trail.

You never see horses on the mountain bike trail, but I meet those assholes on the horse trail constantly.

So when I'm on Lora I just tell them they are on the wrong trail, so turn around and go back to where ever they came from..

So far no-one has tried to pass.

Lora is very well broken to drive.
Summer before last we were driving along the road in Schweiz, where they had a motorcycle test route.
So we had motorbikes zipping by from both directions.
She never even turned an ear.

Nice. Here in our local park that's closest to me there are tons of mountain bike trails but most all of the place is multi-use so it's inevitable to run into bikers. I could care less about the fact that most of the park was traditionally a ranch and horses have been doing their thing there for ages. But I find it funny when the odd biker gets all bent out of shape about finding horses on 'their' trails.

zpyYyay.gif

I have a bad feeling about this next storm coming mid week. It's the same track that dumped 24" in Milwaukee in 2011 talk about grid lock!

So here in Tasmania yesterday, we had bushfire emergencies on the west coast, plum sized hail and torrential rain at our house, and flooding and landslips in the city...more to follow...

Back