What's the weather like in your neck of the woods?

• Thread starter Rborist1
  • Start date
  • Replies 8K
  • Views 486K
Cold this morning.:coldcold: First day of winter and it started dead on time. Real cold wind as well, must be snowing down south.

Fire's going.:) Going to be colder tonight and tomorrow. Not looking forward to this winter, last year wasn't cold at all much.

Light rain again. We can't go two days with out rain for some reason. I'm so far behind it's beginning to make me sick. I'm about to put up a canopy to split firewood so maybe I'll get something accomplished. Plywood season is turning to year round anymore. I wish I could send some out to Stephan. We got more than our fair share

We got rain, thankfully, on Saturday. A nice change of pace from unseasonable heat. I almost put on my Coolvest to chip yesterday. Back to dry weather for the bulk of the summer. It gets dry in the PNW summer. Hemlock and cedars are needing drinks more than our other trees.

People act surprised when I tell them their trees and shrubs are thirsty, and they should water then toot sweet.

I tell them watering is the easiest and cheapest thing they can do to help their trees and prevent mortality.

Then they want to water the trunk. I want to ask them if they want a straw, as though they found the mouth of the tree under a pair of those nail-on eyes.

We have had 2.25 inches of rain from this storm. About a day and a half.

Jaysus we were dry. This puts at 4.5 for the year so far. Crops are really suffering, but the calves are doing well. A big part of that is the new pipe line we put in. The research shows that calves that drink clean water out of tanks rather than shitty water out of pits weigh on average 40 pounds heavier at shipping time.

Been raining all around us, places flooding within a 20 minute drive, but it just keeps going around us.and we are drier than a desert bone. I haven't mowed lawn in over a month.

My farmer buds are already feeding hay to their cows and not happy about it.

We need rain here really bad. Wildfires raging in Northern California. It's been very smoky here on the coast, and unusually warm. Rain would help.

We get downpours like that every now and again, usually in summer but on 6th of August 1986 we had over 13". That was some rain.

Been dry this August so far, really nice days but the forecast is rain from saturday till next week. Couple of inches sunday maybe.

Issued by The National Weather Service
Grand Rapids, MI
11:57am EST, Mon Dec 28
... WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 AM EST TUESDAY...
HAZARDOUS WEATHER...
* FREEZING RAIN INTO LATE THIS EVENING BEFORE TEMPERATURES RISE ABOVE FREEZING.
* ONE QUARTER TO ONE HALF AN INCH OF ICE ACCUMULATION.
* STRONG EAST WINDS 20 TO 30 MPH WITH GUSTS TO 40 TO 50 MPH.
IMPACTS...
* ICING ON TREES AND POWER LINES.
* STRONG WINDS AND ICING WILL LEAD TO POWER OUTAGES.
* TRAVEL NEARLY IMPOSSIBLE ON SECONDARY ROADS DUE TO DOWNED POWER LINES AND TREES.
PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...
* RESIDENTS ARE HIGHLY CAUTIONED TO STAY OFF ROADWAYS IF AT ALL POSSIBLE. TRAVEL IS NOT ADVISED.
&&

Attachments

• grpd.jpg
    grpd.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 54
hmmm...power flickering & surging...several hours of freezing rain to go...not a good sign...wind gusting around 50mph.

We have 1 inch of ice pellets on the ground. The forecast is for it to change to freezing rain in the next hour or so. Then warming up and changing to rain. Our first taste of winter really. We have been spoiled rotten with lovely weather.

Took this snapshot of traffic speeds on Google Maps last night. That winter storm had traffic snarled across the the entire upper Midwest.
13352de8e78bb7f9d399ea770a02fe77.jpg

Nasty drizzle here and after three days of rain we have mud asshole deep on a clearing job. Can't wait to finish and get back to my normal work. I wish things would freeze up

Roads running good again today. power flickered several times but never went out...lost internet (cable) for a few hours is all.

Not nearly as bad as predicted...as usual.

Back