What's the weather like in your neck of the woods?

• Thread starter Rborist1
  • Start date
  • Replies 8K
  • Views 483K
... for Irene I spent lots of hours and dollars being ready to take Trees off houses, make some needed coin emergency work .... Irene was a flooding event the treework was in the rivers and none to enjoyable. Will pack gear to climb and rig and cut into the truck tonight.... Hope maybe this is overforecasted-

561969_488861787812547_597315517_n.jpg

The creeks here are full already ... and it ain't even started yet! :\:

Looks like the nc mountains are gonna get hammered with heavy snow and hurricane force gusts tonight and tomorrow.

Might be worth a stop if any of you are heading up to sandy. Might not get many opportunitys to say you worked a snowstorm and a hurricane in the same week!

Has anyone else grown tired of seeing weather reporters flapping in the wind like a flag ... :lol:
They've been doing this ALL DAY! :roll:
I think it all started with this Jim Cantore report on Isaac:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/y6LtYejsnp4?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

We are getting some brisk wind gusts plus this white stuff falling out of the sky .I suppose it's a combination of Sandy plus the lake effect .

Looks like winter is here today. 6-8" of snow at least and plenty of wind to move it around. Still coming down pretty good. Is it the same up in Brandon Willard? This makes the work last a little longer. Once it freezes up good we still have a couple weeks work on the golf course removing flood killed trees. At least I wasn't on call to push snow this weekend at work. I expect to hear at least on snowmobile this weekend. Can't believe I haven't yet. Will have to start grooming the ice rings and cross country ski trails, usually right after Thanksgiving.

Wet and windy as all get out. NOAA has reports of winds as high as 80 MPH in higher elevations and over 50 MPH in the northern San Joaquin. At least 30 MPH here right now. Folks NE of us had better batten the hatches!
hipacsat_None_anim.gif

Good luck with that.

First day of summer and it's hot for this time of year. Hot yesterday and it actually rained last night, about the second time in months except for a couple of small storms.

Good timing. It's humid, 80% this morning and not much better now but it'll cool down.

Bunch of wimps around here these days, I'm sure most tv news people have never been out of air conditioning.:roll:

Back