What's the weather like in your neck of the woods?

• Thread starter Rborist1
  • Start date
  • Replies 8K
  • Views 483K
Beautiful fall day here today, gonna go out for a family picnic at a National Park not far from here this afternoon.

wind warning since yesterday, hasnt materialized yet. I have a kids walk to lead in a couple hours, not sure if the weather will hold.

nice, we were picking huckleberries, blackberries and salal berries last weekend on Whidbey at the campsite. The huckleberries were pink and tart as all get out though, couldnt find any nice red, ripe ones.

Attachments

• P9201548.jpg
    P9201548.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 2
  • P9201549.jpg
    P9201549.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 2
  • P9201550.jpg
    P9201550.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 2
  • P9201553.jpg
    P9201553.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 2
I like that huckleberry pic. We really don't bother with the salal berries here but I did get some great black berries here last night, nearly a gallon

Thanks Willie. I took the pics to help keep up the useful plant ID training for Bub over the winter. I havent seen natural huckleberries near where we live in ages, too urbanized, no hemlock stumps. I remember them from my childhood, playing in the woods. The salal berries, I just ate a handful, wasnt actually sure about the palatability but they are pretty sweet.

Yeah, they taste alright, kind of meaty, I think i'm just to lazy to bend over that far. We usually get the goose berries, black caps and hucklberries up high.

we also had about a 1/4" of hail on the ground now it is partly cloudy and chilly. Ah, the joys of fall.

You get hail in fall? We only get it in spring, maybe odd times in summer.

Spring school holidays this and next week, usually sure to be crap weather. Hot/cold and windy with rain.

Storms and rain forcast for the rest of the week. :(

Nice, the seasons area changing fo sure.

Same here, we went from a beautiful fall to cold and wet. In less then a month it will translated into snow and by the looks of this past years wet weather pattern, lots of it!

Thanks for sending the wet weather this way Paulie!

Set new record high in Minot today, 86 I think. Rather warm for this late. Been dry since the floods ended, only an inch and a half about 2 weeks ago since late June or early July.

Back