What's the weather like in your neck of the woods?

• Thread starter Rborist1
  • Start date
  • Replies 8K
  • Views 483K
It'll be 85 and light rain/thunderstorms today; next four days not over 90 degrees; not bad for here.
Been up since 4am writing chapter for book except for time spent on various forums (why it'll likely never get completed!)

finally hot and dry here for a while. The flood waters are receding, Souris should be back in its banks in Minot in another week or so. The the messy work begins.
images

I had to drop the big Bolleana Poplar right over the top of the loader when the brown house basement caved in and they built a ring levy around it and the white one for added protection.

http://www.google.com/search?q=mino...ct=mode&cd=2&ved=0CBUQ_AUoAQ&biw=1290&bih=683

Glad you made it ok Bob, and you're right the messy work starts when the water is gone.

It's been a nice day again, 70 and sunny.

Now it's time to pay, wind is coming. Forcast is gale force for the next two days and snow on the mountains, that means it's gonna get cold here.:coldcold:

Well they were right about the wind. It blew like mad on Tuesday, not too bad today but it's nearly midnight now and it's howling.

I don't think the brain can function properly at those temperatures, especially if you aren't used to it. In extreme high temps there is a tendency to walk in circles, like some mental reset.

Saturday and Sunday sucked hairy moose lips...cloudless sky, upper 70's then lower 80's, humidity about 35%...sucked, I tell you.
:D

I would agree, I hate that 80's crap. 90 something here today. I was walking around with an IR thermometer at about 1:00 and the coolest thing I could find was 102.5 surface temp.

Pretty radical lightning storms that we've been having the last few days. Our time of year for it. It knocked out the internet connection for a couple days, and tv reception, some safety mechanism tripped and had it not, a good chance that the computer and tv might have fried. I was sitting out behind my shop under a covered area that I have that holds my firewood. I swear a bolt must have cracked about a hundred yards directly above, or so it seemed. I believe it's the closest that I have ever been to a lightning strike, and the power of the thing is mighty overwhelming, the strange crackling sound before the bang.... a jolt like that one would no doubt snuff you immediately plus some. I hurried back inside. The main 100V breaker had tripped in the shop, the first time it has ever happened.

Been raining off and on for over a month now, guess what more rain today. All this rain has caused the local mosquito population to be crazier then most people can remember. You can hardly go outside during the middle of the day let alone evening with or without major amounts of bug spray on and that doesn't entirely work. My guys almost bailed on one job last week because of all of the mosquitoes in one yard, it's getting to be absolutely nuts. The local city entomologist says that the population has not even peaked yet, we can expect the peak in a couple of weeks with the population doubling from what is it right now, goodie! :|:

That is crazy! I wonder how one could profit, do spiders breed easily? Crop dust the town with BtI?

Back