What's the weather like in your neck of the woods?

• Thread starter Rborist1
  • Start date
  • Replies 8K
  • Views 484K
Right, but her's is an '04 Toyota Sienna, mine is an '04 F150, it was high mileage when we bought it, but it's what we could afford at the time.

Take the money from the Sienna and buy a chebby astro AWD. :P

Just getting house foundered here as are the kids. Work schedule is a friggen fiasco. Rained out, snowed out...
Remember when you could not get into your wood without getting stuck Andy?
So wet here, you can't work in some places with out tearing it up and creating erosion issues. Sooooooooo...
At least my hail was small today, turned to snow and there are no tornadoes :lol:

Been a busy day here, covering windows and dealing with the hundreds of phone call and roofers that came out of the wood work, man it's a mess around here!
A few pics, keep in mind I am a size 12 shoe and the one pic is plastic guttering with holes through it. I've seen hail. I've seen hail this big. But I've NEVER seen hail this big come down sideways!

Attachments

• moto_0202.jpg
    moto_0202.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 0
  • moto_0206.jpg
    moto_0206.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 0
  • moto_0205.jpg
    moto_0205.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 0
  • moto_0207.jpg
    moto_0207.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 0
  • moto_0203.jpg
    moto_0203.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 0
  • moto_0208.jpg
    moto_0208.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 0
  • moto_0204.jpg
    moto_0204.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 0
I think it's going to work out to our benefit. We are getting another roof, and I'm pretty sure the truck, and I know the van will get totaled. I'll buy the truck back and mama will get a new/newer van, which is what I've wanted for a while anyway.
One of the neighbors has a new Subaru Tribeca, had it a month, it was $10k to fix it on the estimate! I wont be able to get ours in until next week to find out.
Like I said, that was something to watch, I've never seen baseball and larger, hail come down sideways! You can't run up the main street in town without hitting a roofing co. sign every ten feet!
It's WAY too early for hail this large, this isn't going to be a good year weather wise here!

Wow, that hail was huge! I have only seen hail once, many years ago in Orlando. It was so weird to see all the cars with round dings in them.

Gigi, was that in the late 1980s? I remember that one as well, everybody with a pickup and hammer became a roofer overnight, and within a year they were all gone because everybody had new roofs.

Hail damage to the cars and chiP truck. Looks like another front pushing towards us tonight. Trees down here and there. Busy little bees,here of late.

Temps in the 90s the last few days. Too early in the year for this kind of heat. I'm still busy cutting down uprooted trees from our little storm two weeks ago, I sure hope Scott's storm doesn't make it down this way.

Turned out swell today, had a job moving soil to beds in prep for tomorrows planting, sun, partly cloudy, nice breeze, pushing 14C for a high. Good deal.

Attachments

• IMAG1566.jpg
    IMAG1566.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 0
Perfect day on Saturday, not a cloud and high 70's. Rain all day and night Sunday.

Not bad on Monday but a touch of winter this morning, 48. Cool and windy most of the day, had to wear my winter shorts. I was having a winge to myself but then I thought about Kansas and shut up.8)

It was 77 in Buffalo Sunday. Up here by Lake Ontario, 25 miles away, 20* cooler. A little cool and breezy this morning. Low 40's. The Barn Swallows made an appearance Sunday. That always makes me happy. I love those little birds. The always look so happy and they are beautiful.

Swallows are a hoot . They come out in droves when I mow my front field stirring up flying insects .

Little observed fact .They raise a couple of broods a year .The fledgelings from the first brood stick around and help feed the second brood . Fact is in the little barn on the "home place " there have been nesting swallows as far back as I remember . I'll get some pics later on in the season .

You want to see something funny. A barn swallow fell out of a nest that was impossible to access. We stuck it in a nest that was easy to get to. The one we put in the nest was twice the size of its nest mates. They didn't object to adopting.

Well what sucks about that is likely the precipitation will turn it into a sauna .Kinda funny though because the "snowbirds " including my wifes aunt are making the trip back north since the weather is getting a tad hot for them in central Fla .She got in two days ago from Sebring .

We got a little rain last night .For me that should work out well with newly seeded grass so it germinates before the seed eating birds gets it .

Back