What's the weather like in your neck of the woods?

• Thread starter Rborist1
  • Start date
  • Replies 8K
  • Views 487K
Was 15 degrees F. on my front porch this morning. Beauty of a clear, bright day, what with the bit of snow about to reflect the sunlight. Nice day, if a bit brisk :).

Beauty of a clear, bright day, what with the bit of snow about to reflect the sunlight. Nice day, if a bit brisk :).
If you don't have any cloud cover it's a pretty safe bet it will be nippley out .

Actually it's in the 20's with the sun shining and very light overcast .I got the snow out of the drive so all is well at the moment .

We got 3 inches of heavy wet snow, then enough rain to make a really slushy mess. Now, it's frozen into a hard mess. Snow cover must be down to a foot or so now. I was hoping the rain would knock it all the way down, I've got to go on a timber hunt soon.

MB, I have put up with the 20F and humidity before when I lived in IL, think I would take -20 and dry most any day. If you have a good windbreaker, it makes all the difference in the world.

This is just nuts! It was 56 today, thunderstorms galore, there will be a lot of you that get work from this one! They had 1" hail downtown Wichita! That storm just went to the North of us. New ones have been popping up left and right. Now it's supposed to get down to 18 tonight and we are going to get thunder snow all night long!

Last day of Summer.:(

Nice day, mid 90's not humid but it did get a bit hot after I cut the shade down. 78F now, 9.15pm.

Going to be Hot tomorrow, then a cool change late afternoon.

Oh my ,a couple inchs of rain over top of 5 inchs of snow cover ,water,water ,water . Frozen ground soaks up water about like a concrete parking lot . Roads awash,I -75 flooded .

I heard more is on the way.Reminds me of the song --Louisiana 1937 .

Sunny and bright at 8000 ft in the Sierras.. 40F something-ish. Gorgeous day! You could see the snow on the coastal range (unusual that there was snow on it and that you could even see it :lol: ). Camera would not pick it up though. :dontknow:

Attachments

• IMG_0263.jpg
    IMG_0263.jpg
    432.8 KB · Views: 3
69 and a very light rain this morning. We need it, this is typically a very dry time of year and we haven't had rain in over a month. There is also a wildfire burning over near the coast which has Interstate 95 shut down until further notice.

Over the last 24 hours we've had 12+ inches of the wettest, heaviest, sloppiest snow you've ever seen, at my house. Much more in the real mountains. I'm hoping most of the plants and trees that are laid over with the snow load will recover their form, but I know I've lost 25 or more bitter cherries, some cascaras, and some vine maples. The latter two species I may be able to prune some of them into some sort of viable shape, but the cherries are a total loss.

Probably so, Stephen. I'll have to wait for some of this new snow to go away before I really get an idea of the situation, both on the roads for work, and the trees at home.

We are still getting calls here as the snow melts and shows the damage from the wet windy nasty stuff. Yosemite took a good hit this year too. With the ground being so wet, a lot of up rooted trees also.

So much for waiting for the snow to melt off a bit...just got a call from the lead LEO that the county sherrif's dispatch reports a down tree with some poor soul trapped behind it, on one of my roads not too far from town. Off to the rescue...maybe some pics to follow :).

Back