What's the weather like in your neck of the woods?

• Thread starter Rborist1
  • Start date
  • Replies 8K
  • Views 483K
Spring has sprung here. 59 degrees outside right now at sunrise and my heater never kicked on last night. Mid February is normally our turning point when our short winter is over.

About 60 right now, will warm up to the 70's today, and sunny as usual. Heading out to remove a couple of big laurel oaks. c'ya

Buds are popping everywhere.

Supposed to have been 74 today, but I swear it's more like 78. Clear skies, bugs out. Had to use AC on the truck and bug dope for the first time today. Finished up a large pine removal in the city cemetery and couple of citizen consults. Another day in Paradise. Oh, yeah, didn't see or talk to my boss all day.

I think our winter's over. I actually fired up the AC last night for a couple hours.

No AC yet, but I used my whole house fan to cool down the house last night. It's mounted in the ceiling in the middle of the house and blows into the attic. I can open a couple windows, turn it on and it will change all the air in the house in about 10 minutes.

It's been warm, high 40's low 50's .Most of the snow has melted and surprisingly there have been no flash floods as a result .

We let the fire go out for about 4 days but lit it back up last night as it was supposed to get in the 20's .

Just stepped outside and noticed new leaves popping out on a couple trees in my yard. The oaks will be next, and my yard will be buried with leaves as the new growth pushes off all of last year's leaves.

I think it made it to about 18 today. Windy weekend. We're a month or two away from anything trying to grow around here.

It's right at freeze and spitting some rain which could be bad ,black ice . When I was at my shop 45 minutes ago it was freezing to my truck but not on the roads ----yet .

+3C at the moment, sunny and beauty.
supposed to get some yuck before the weeks end though, more white stuff possible. Bleaugh.

Back