What's the weather like in your neck of the woods?

• Thread starter Rborist1
  • Start date
  • Replies 8K
  • Views 486K
Those spreaders have an engine on the back of them that run everything, then a remote mounted in the cab. You can adjust the amount being spread and stop and start them from inside. Neat units.
Around here you go to the sand yard, you can get straight sand, sand and salt mixed or straight salt to spread depending on the weather and how much you want to spend.

I just have my own pile of mixed salt/sand, I go through alot of it. It's snowing up a storm here right now!

Most are as you describe Andy, both the units I've had. Some are hydraulic though usually just on the bigger stuff, sometimes in pick-up sized units though. My old one had a battery on it, my new one starts off of one of the truck batteries, my new Western is way better of a unit than the stainless salt dogg I used to have.

It was around 7 above yesterday morning with 10 below wind chill .

My wife calls that "nippley " and all this time I thought she was just glad to see me ,hmm .

-9 now. Tomorrow night has been upgraded to -13, from -18. Put a new battery in the Kubota today. Bring it on I say.

as per the norm, for a coastal rainforest, the weather is mundane. overcast, the odd sprinkle and hovering about 8C (48F) outside. blah.

Cold and snowing off and on, it's 19 right now. Supposed to get worse over night and through the day tomorrow. 44 for a high, but snow sleet and rain all day.

Yeah, but I had my hat turned on "Lock" and am walking with a lean to counterbalance the 35MPH breeze.

Seems that some parts of North America that are usually warmer than us are getting their butts froze off.:P

-3 out last I looked. Got the Ford running to move the log trailer so I can plow underneath it. Mini won't start currently, oil's probably like molasses. Batteries good, just needs a bit of help so the battery pack is on the charger too.

It's been dipping down below zero in the wee hours here of late and 10-12 above during daytime .The good old woodstove is still keeping the house a toasty 75 though .:)

Its worm next to the wood stove but cold five feet away from it. I think it was -13 now its wormed up to -1.

Good heavens in looking at the weather map it appears the Siberian express blew over parts of Pa and NY plus the New England states .

Hope it didn't leave a dent.

We got some rain here too yesterday. WTF?

Even with the incredible amounts of snow we've had this year, our average temperature has been up.

Finally getting some rain here. Snow up higher. Things were drying out too much for this time of year. Taking a rain day to rest up.
Looks like there should be some fresh snow for class tomorrow. :D

72 Friday, set a record. 67 yesterday, been nothing but sunny and nice, 38 for a high today then it drops like a rock and the ice and snow move in Monday and Tuesday, I think the highs the next two days are 24 and 18, gotta love KS!

Watching CNN right now, they are predicting 10-20" of snow here by Tuesday night. That'll pretty much shut down everything here for a couple of days!

Back