What's the weather like in your neck of the woods?

• Thread starter Rborist1
  • Start date
  • Replies 8K
  • Views 487K
Warmed right up here and has been melting like crazy for the last two days, now it's supposed to drop right down to freezing again tonight.

It was a balmy 40 something today. Now it's snowing its arse off at my house.

My daughter's six and I hope not to hear that for awhile. Although the other day while play fighting I made 'slapping' like hands at her and she did say, "Heh dad, no pussy fighting". Aren't older cousins wonderful things?

:lol: Memories .My daughter even as a little 2 foot tall cutie had as foul of mouth as a drunken sailor .I suspect she heard it from her mother .:roll:

We got the ice last night but not enough to down trees and topple power lines. All the schools were canceled . Evidently I-75 was glare ice from Mich. to Dayton .

Now as I look out the window at fine powdered snow dropping I can only imagine what a joy that will be to drive on .

:lol: Memories .My daughter even as a little 2 foot tall cutie had as foul of mouth as a drunken sailor .I suspect she heard it from her mother .:roll:

Not me,if i cussed i knew,if it was around my mom,i got busted in the lip and soap in mouth treatment,my grandma hit my with a flyswatter and washed my mouth out,dad would just tell mom and grandma.

It's 20 and we have the PERFECT 1/16" of ice on everything! The roads and sidewalks look dry as a bone, but I can't walk up my driveway because it's so slick! Cars can't turn, stop or go, it's a perfectly smooth sheet right now!
Supposed to get snow on top of it to make it even more fun! I don't think I'm going anywhere tomorrow, and I hope it doesn't get worse, the battery in the generator is dead!

They had something like 265 wrecks in rush hour last night! Schools are closed and mama stayed home. I'm going to help lay some hardwood flooring for a while. I just run the saw, the others do the crawling. But it's here in town, not more than a mile from the house, so it wont be bad until I try to get in the driveway when I get home!

That's the other 'fun' part of plowing. Ripping around in a truck that damn near goes anywhere it's so heavy and the tires are so good(I run studded). And if you have any problems, plow yourself a path or start spitting out some sand and you're good to go damn near anywhere. In 4 years I've never chained up.

Plowed 'er up this morning, snow came late and I rushed around most of the morning, only triggered my commercial sites.

Supposed to have more snow today and tonight.

Lol, hell no!

The big device in the bed of the truck there is a spreader. Kicks sand out the back, down a chute fed by a conveyor and broadcasted with a spinner that has all sorts of deflectors so you can spread it just how you want it. 8)

That's where the weight comes in. The sticker on that spreader says a wet yard of sand can be as heavy as 3240pds. Heaping I can put 2yds in the spreader and it weighs about 750pds itself. You do the math.

Attachments

• IMG_6220.JPG
    IMG_6220.JPG
    254.3 KB · Views: 47
Back